RECEPTIONIST - FULL-TIME, PERMANENTPOSITION OVERVIEW
Provides reception and administrative support for Home and Community Care Support Services Offices. Initial point of contact for enquiries from the public and other involved parties. Performs various general office duties as required.
- Greeting visitors and guests to the Waterloo Office;
- Responding to and directing incoming phone calls and inquiries;
- Sorting and distributing daily mail, preparing outgoing correspondence;
- Providing administrative support to office staff as required;
- Generating reports, data entry pertinent to the reports, assembling and maintaining files with pertinent information; verifying that all relevant documents have been completed and filed; sending notification to internal team members when actions or follow up is required
- Maintaining office inventory (i.e., office supplies, forms and janitorial items);
- Securing and/or shredding confidential documents as required;
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of grade 12, plus an additional program of up to one year in duration (business administration, office administration, etc.)
- One to two years relevant administrative office experience
- Proven experience with multi-line switchboard
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team based setting, organize workload and prioritize work to meet deadlines, along with the ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, and to work independently
- Oral and written fluency in French language an asset.
HCCSS WW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting competition #21-C-22 before 4:30pmon Wednesday, September 22, 2021 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
HOME AND COMMUNITY CARE SUPPORT SERVICES WATERLOO WELLINGTON
IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY