Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Communications and Partner Relations, the Communications Strategist is responsible for providing strategic communications support for organizational work including developing and delivering communications coaching to senior leadership and staff, as well as to system partners within Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton.
Who we are
We are amid a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move towards a better connected system that creates more seamless care for patients. Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton is pivotal in this process. Entrusted through our provincial mandate to deliver health care across our region, we are finding better ways to provide services to the 1.2 million people in our communities through the delivery of high quality home and community care.
What will you do?
- Work in partnership with Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton portfolios and teams to develop communications strategies and materials
- Help internal stakeholders with communications planning and support for writing or editing needs as appropriate.
- Ensure communications are consistent with Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton key organizational messages and visual identity guidelines
- Develop communication collateral materials to highlight Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton programs and initiatives including brochures and key program and service promotional material for various audiences.
- Liaise with portfolios and relevant teams, executives and senior leaders to deliver consistent communications content and strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop storytelling briefs and creates compelling executive presentations
- Research and write a variety of communications materials that support communications strategy including, newsletters, videos, brochures, letters, memos, bulletins, web content, scripts/speaking points, advertisements and reports as required
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Provide updates to website and intranet (posting, managing content, etc.)
- Support large-scale engagements, media events, and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned
What do you need?
- University degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism or Public Affairs (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) designation from International Association of Business Communicators or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) from Canadian Public Relations Society an asset
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience in developing and implementing communications tactics; experience must include communications advice
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with knowledge of current communication theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with digital communications including social media outreach and content creation
- Excellent knowledge of project management
- Experience with public engagement and facilitation an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Design expertise is considered an asset
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Home and Community Care Support Services values the health and safety of its employees and is committed to the prevention of COVID-19 exposure and transmission of infection to employees, patients, caregivers, volunteers, visitors and residents. As a requirement of Home and Community Care Support Services Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees must be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.