At Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central by providing an accessible workplace, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. That is why we are intentionally committed to diversity and inclusion by providing an accessible and inclusive work place for all persons. We are strongly committed to include Black, Indigenous, visible minorities, Francophone, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, neurodiversity, women, national origin, ancestry, disability status, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, all faiths, or any other aspect, which makes them unique, through recognizing each applicant through anti-racism and anti-oppressive practices to ensure equitable opportunity.
Reporting to a Director, this position is responsible for providing administrative support to assigned team(s), division or group of non-union staff.
- Manages calendar of Manager/ Director by scheduling meetings, making adjustments as necessary based on changing needs and priorities. Identifies upcoming issues and meetings, and supports preparation.
- Supports agenda development and attends team/sub-region meetings and priority huddles, and documents action items. Follows up with team members on status of action items.
- Ensures team calendars, team intranet pages and team coverage are up to date.
- Prepares documents (e.g., correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, policies and procedures, etc.) using a variety of software programs (e.g., presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains appropriate departmental files, both manual and computerized; maintains reference materials for the department (including internal/ external circulation lists), researches and compiles information as requested
- Maintains general knowledge of team business objectives and priorities and organizational policies and procedures
- Receives, reviews and prioritizes incoming mail and faxes, screens time-sensitive or confidential correspondence, sorts and distributes to department staff, prepares and signs routine correspondence.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls; provides information to external and internal requests; directs callers to appropriate staff; takes and relays messages.
- Support travel and meeting arrangements including equipment and room set-up, distribution of agendas and information materials as required.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff and ensures all necessary supplies and equipment are requested, delivered and/or setup. Supports documentation and approval of payroll.
- Collates travel and parking related expenses for reporting Director(s) sign off
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Completion of post-secondary education in administrative studies or equivalent years of experience in an office setting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of general office administrative and coordination processes, methods and techniques acquired through a minimum of two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, with proven skills in organization and time management.
- General understanding of Home and Community Care Support Services business objectives
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities with short timelines and engage team members to balance workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Superior oral and written communication, proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced key boarding skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint etc.); advanced knowledge of internet searching and navigating; Ability to work with Toronto Central -specific databases and find and retrieve information on the intranet.
- English/French bilingual would be an asset.
- Project coordination experience an asset.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process