Bring your scheduling and HRIS experience to this temporary part-time role as a Scheduler for Home and Community Care Support Services Central West (formerly LHIN).
This is a Temporary Part-Time role, with an approximate duration of up to 5 months.
Reporting to the Manager, Home and Community Care, the Scheduler provides scheduling support for the organization but primarily the Home and Community Care department on a daily basis.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Perform daily scheduling changes to ensure staff hours are captured accurately in all systems (i.e. Master schedule and HRIS).
- Assist in the monitoring and continuous reviewing of the schedule of union employees and adherence to collective agreements.
- Work with Home and Community Care Managers to create reports to show gaps in the schedule and provide recommendations and assist Home and Community Care Managers to close the gaps.
- Develop reports to support the managers in making staffing and scheduling decisions to meet operational needs.
- Provide technical, training and application support to all new users and ongoing refresher for staff.
- Work closely with payroll and HR staff to maintain the integrity of data and system changes of the Scheduling function of HRIS.
- Advising Manager and on-call staff of relevant changes to information when on the on-call roster.
- Other duties as assigned.
LOCATION: Brampton, Ontario
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Office Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum three to five year’s job related experience in a scheduling position.
- Experience in administering an HRIS application.
- Strong accurate keyboarding skills.
- Experience in office administration.
- Familiarity with Human Resources policies and the collective agreement.
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and to support departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal with issues in a confidential manner.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and respond to multiple changing demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with competing demands.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills employing a variety of software applications (e.g. advanced proficiency of Word, Excel and Windows Explorer – General knowledge of PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates commitment to Home and Community Care Support Services Central West’s mission and values.
WHO WE ARE
Home and Community Care Support Services play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, Home and Community Care Support Services ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity, and home to 922,000+ residents, Home and Community Care Support Services Central West plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Our focus is on creating a better experience for patients and those who care for them.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates.