Ontario’s health care system is evolving and, as part of Ontario Health, the Home and Community Care Support Services Central West (formerly LHIN), in close partnership with Ontario Health Teams (OHTs), is on the forefront of helping to build a modern, technologically supported health care system that will enable integrated teams of health care professionals to deliver the best possible care for improved patient outcomes. By building high-performing integrated care delivery systems that provide seamless, fully coordinated care for patients, OHTs will help to achieve better outcomes for patients across the province. As an essential component of an integrated and sustainable health care system, this includes a strong and robust Home and Community Care sector.
More than ever, your skills and experience are needed now and into the future, which is why we want you to join us in being part of the journey. We invite you to learn more about OHTs in our area by clicking here. The future of health care in Ontario is now. Join Ontario Health’s Home and Community Care Support Services Central West team and together, we will build a healthier community for all.
Regular Full-time Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Directors, Home and Community Care and daily supervision from Assistant Manager, Communications & Administrative Services, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support services to Directors, Managers and the department. The successful incumbent delivers efficient secretarial and administrative services and procedures required to support the effective function of the entire Department. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Coordinating internal and external meetings and special events (ie. training sessions and conferences), which includes meeting room/facility booking, set up, meeting notices and invitations, ordering refreshments and taking and distributing minutes
- Provide back-up scheduling support for the Home and Community Care Managers in collaboration with the HR Scheduler/Assistant.
- Perform scheduling and calendaring function and support to all of the Directors – Home and Community Care and BSO, as required.
- Prepare a variety of memos, correspondence and reports, as required.
- Develop a variety of statistical spreadsheets, graphs and reports.
- Coordinate and distribute departmental vacation schedules.
- Develop a variety of administrative systems and procedures to enhance efficiencies within the department.
- Maintaining appropriate and accessible filing systems for the storage of all departmental correspondence and documentation. This includes applicable administrative systems and procedures for the retention of controlled documents on the designated sharepoint sites.
- Collect and distribute department mail, faxes and internal memos.
- Provide computer technical support for the team as required.
- Order office supplies for the department as needed.
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of relevant statistics for the department.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and record minutes or action items, as required.
- Act as a liaison between the Vice President, Directors, Managers and staff, service providers and patients.
- Advise Managers and on-call staff of relevant changes to information when on the on-call roster.
- Maintain the list of voicemail passwords and cell phone numbers for Home and Community Care Services staff.
- Proficiency in Visio application and process mapping
- Update contact lists external organizations including health service providers and other community agencies.
- Coordinate Special Events.
- Maintain intranet site with relevant documents and postings, as required.
- Provide back up support and collaboration with Administrative Services team colleagues.
- Adhere to health and safety policies/ practices developed and implemented by Home and Community Care Support Services Central West and take reasonable precautions.
- Participate in various Home and Community Care Support Services Central West committees and projects, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in business, general administration or related field, or equivalent experience. Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum three to five year’s job related experience in an administrative position, at least one year at a direct level.
- Strong accurate keyboarding skills.
- Experience in office administration.
- Experience in recording minutes
- Familiarity with human resources policies and the collective agreement.
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and to support departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal with issues in a confidential manner.
- Strong communication and grammar skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and respond to multiple changing demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure of competing demands.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills employing a variety of software applications.(e.g. Advanced proficiency of Word, Excel and Windows Explorer -General knowledge of PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates commitment to Home and Community Care Support Services Central West’s mission and values.
Home and Community Care Support Services Central West LHIN has offices in Brampton, Etobicoke and Orangeville.
Who We Are
Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly LHINs) play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, Home and Community Care Support Services ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity, and home to 922,000+ residents, Home and Community Care Support Services Central West provides supportive health care services for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Our focus is on creating a better experience for patients and those who care for them.
How to Apply
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.