The Quality and Risk Consultant supports the maintenance and advancement of an organizational culture focused on quality, safety, risk management and continuous quality improvement to achieve best possible performance outcomes.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Reports to: Interim Manager, Quality & Risk
Category: Permanent Full-time
Primary assigned location: Etobicoke Office, 401 The West Mall (currently working virtually)
- Supports the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the organization’s quality management, quality improvement, safety and risk management program(s) and framework(s)
- Develops, implements and maintains documentation, tools and resources needed to support the organization’s quality management, quality improvement, safety and risk management program(s) and framework(s)
- Provides formal and informal coaching, mentoring, teaching and advice to the organization and individuals within the organization on quality management, quality improvement, safety and risk management in general or in relation to the organization’s applicable program(s) and/or framework(s)
- Supports, co-ordinates and/or leads the analysis, synthesis and trending of reported risk events, patient complaints, patient surveys and other sources of performance data/information, as available
- Supports co-ordinates and/or leads the development of reporting and monitoring systems/processes for organizational processes, performance scorecards and reports, working in conjunction with Quality & Risk team members and colleagues in other departments as needed
- Supports and/or leads the design, planning and execution of assigned improvement projects in collaboration with Quality & Risk team members and/or colleagues in other departments as needed
- Support, co-ordinate and/or lead the implementation of programs for excellence, event management reporting or other quality, safety & risk related programs as assigned
- Supports the development, implementation, maintenance , evaluations and improvement of the organization’s Policies and Procedures framework and infrastructure
- University degree in health care or business administration (or equivalent combination of education and experience); a Master’s Degree is an asset
- Training and/or certification in continuous quality improvement (CQI) methods such as Lean Six Sigma; IHI or other recognized quality improvement methodologies
- Project Management and/or Risk Management training/education and/or certification highly desirable; health care experience is preferred
Knowledge and Experience
- Four (4) to six (6) years of related work experience in implementing quality and risk management projects and initiatives or quality improvement
- Health care experience and/or knowledge of the home and community care sector are assets.
- Demonstrated experience in Lean, Six Sigma or other improvement system in Healthcare; belt level certification a definite asset
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, measures and systems for monitoring and improving service delivery and business process quality
- Knowledge of risk management approaches and tools used; preferably in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of systems, applications and databases and information management used to store and process internal data and information related to event management reporting and client service delivery evaluation
- Demonstrated experience and success in building relationships and in managing a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve and make good decisions
- Self directed and able to work well independently and in teams.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a complex, changing environment.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills, able to distill complex concepts and data into useable information for a variety of audiences
- Strong collaboration skills to participate on and lead projects and committees with colleagues across Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton or local community agencies
- Adept in the use of MS Office and Project Management software application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, web based survey tools and graphics programs an asset
Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.