JOB TITLE: Manager, Communications
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications and Engagement Stakeholder Relations
DEPARTMENT: Communications and Engagement Stakeholder Relations
LOCATION: Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central
At Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central by providing an accessible workplace, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. That is why we are intentionally committed to diversity and inclusion by providing an accessible and inclusive work place for all persons. We are strongly committed to include Black, Indigenous, visible minorities, Francophone, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, neurodiversity, women, national origin, ancestry, disability status, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, all faiths, or any other aspect, which makes them unique, through recognizing each applicant through anti-racism and anti-oppressive practices to ensure equitable opportunity.
Develops and executes corporate communication strategies, designs internal and external communications and manages the flow of information within Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central and the community it serves. Develop strategies to engage the communities about the important issues, challenges, opportunities facing the health care system.
- Develops communication plans to support the organization operations, strategic, and change agendas. Produces written communications for internal and external purposes including newsletter/magazine articles, memos, bulletins, posters, new releases
- Provides leadership/support in the development of best practices related to all aspects of corporate communications.
- Oversees Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central website and social media information. Manages staff regarding web publishing and updating, writing and developing content for web in a variety of formats. Leads Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central’s plan to incorporate social media into our communications and stakeholder relations mix; develop web and intranet operations and governance policy.
- Selects, coordinates, oversees, and evaluates external consultants and suppliers involved in communications-related projects on behalf of Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central, including speaking, writing, language translation, graphic design, printing and photography.
- Develops and maintains the Communication calendar and key messages linked to the strategic plan and consults with the Senior leaders and their staff on developing communications for their initiatives.
- Supports the Patient Advisory Committee meetings and Patient outreach activities including the complaint process.
- Oversees and executes corporate issues management strategies and protocols. Provides timely expertise and guidance to emerging issues or potential impacts on the Home and Community Care Support Services’s reputation and/or operational effectiveness by providing communication strategies and support to the Senior Leadership Team and others, as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, experience and professional accreditation as recognized by Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto
- Five to seven years of previous communcations and public relations experience at a senior level, preferbaly within the health sector.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both communications and strategic programs and supporting tactics.
- Extensive knowledge of branding principles and tactics through multimedia including the Web.
- Expert written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Expert strategic and proactive leadership and presence.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Creative and visionary leadership with the ability to drive a high volume of work to completion.
- Ability to understand technical and business concepts and express these concepts in clear, concise instructions
- Ability to be flexible and open to changing priorities and challenges
- Sound Business Judgement including Knowledge of internal and external pressures within the health industry and the political arena.