Ontario’s health care system is evolving and, as part of Ontario Health, the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), in close partnership with Ontario Health Teams (OHTs), is on the forefront of helping to build a modern, technologically supported health care system that will enable integrated teams of health care professionals to deliver the best possible care for improved patient outcomes. By building high-performing integrated care delivery systems that provide seamless, fully coordinated care for patients, OHTs will help to achieve better outcomes for patients across the province. As an essential component of an integrated and sustainable health care system, this includes a strong and robust Home and Community Care sector. More than ever, your skills and experience are needed now and into the future, which is why we want you to join us in being part of the journey. We invite you to learn more about OHTs in our area by clicking here. The future of health care in Ontario is now. Join Ontario Health’s Mississauga Halton LHIN team and together, we will build a healthier community for all.
We are currently recruiting an Operations Leader, Home & Community Care, Trillium Health Partners
Competition #: FY2021-075
Date Posted: November 17, 2020
Date Closed: Until Filled
Start Date: to be determined
Reports to: Director, Home & Community Care
Category: Temporary Full-time until November 15, 2021
Current primary assigned location: THP-CVH, 2200 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga
Reporting to the Director, Home and Community Care, the Operations Leader, Home and Community Care is responsible for organizing, coordinating, leading and supervising day to day operations of dedicated sites/teams within the Home and Community Care portfolio. The Operations Leader is expected to provide leadership by example, and aim to improve the performance of the team by matching skills and resources with a goal to ensure the right work is in the right hands. This position will assist in facilitating a service environment that promotes quality care to patients and caregivers in the communities resulting in positive patient outcomes and a satisfying work environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a regular presence in the team to provide coaching and mentorship for staff, oversee referral volume, flow and timing of assessments, address any patient concerns and ensure that all documents are being completed correctly.
- Working with the Home and Community Care teams within the Mississauga Halton region this role requires face to face interaction with staff to: coordinate staff and business processes on a day to day operational basis for a defined team
- Participates and assists Manager with attendance management
- Identifies staffing requirements in collaboration with the Home and Community Care Manager, to ensure adequate staffing levels
- Makes changes to daily schedule as required, to address patient volumes and absenteeism
- Reports to the Manager, Home and Community Care issues related to performance to ensure staff meet quality standards, individual job performance expectations; and on-going staff development requirements
- When staff issues arise, assists Manager in collecting information on the presenting issues, and contributes to the outcomes and plan, where required.
- Performs scheduled audits to determine quality of assessment and care planning, including appropriate documentation using established audit tools and ensuring quality assurance.
- Under Manager’s direction, participates in the development of performance review documentation, participates in and/or conducts staff performance reviews
- Participate in interviews for Team Assistant and Care Coordinator positions.
- In collaboration with the Manager, interprets and implements organizational policy, collective agreement and any legislation applicable to patient care
- Identifies gaps in information necessary for the effective management of the team and evaluates the need to other departments for metrics development and implementation in collaboration with the Manager, Home and Community Care
- Authorizes staff time sheets, Requests for Leave/Time Request Forms, and/or expense claims
- Participates in implementing operational initiatives to meet identified performance indicators
- Supports other frontline roles, including Clinical Practice Lead, to create opportunities for professional development and growth
Patient Care Delivery
- Works with the Manager, Home and Community Care and team to support the provision of care.
- In collaboration with the Manager, identify gaps in service delivery and communicate the challenges and potential solutions to the Leadership team at appropriate forums.
- Monitors the ongoing effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of service through tools such as report analysis, patient surveys/feedback, chart audits, documentation reviews, and performance evaluations; consults with the Manager, Home and Community Care regarding areas of concern
- Works with the Manager and team to effectively manage and resolve patient and community/stakeholder complaints
- Assists the Manager with reviewing, investigating, and closing of ETMS events of low and medium risk.
- Monitors and supports new hires to ensure competency levels are being met
- Consults with the Manager, Home and Community Care in situations of actual or potential high risk to the patient and/or the organization, and for decisions regarding policy interpretation
- Works with system partners, including Service Providers, Hospitals, Community Service Sector, Primary Care, and others, to develop system solutions that benefit patient and caregiver outcomes and experience
- Uses professional judgment, problem-solving, and mentoring skills to support and assist staff to analyze and respond appropriately to complex patient care situations
- Works with team members on integrated transitions from hospital to home to home by providing guidance on issues related to barriers to discharge, challenging patients situations, and approving resources.
- Participates in the development and successful implementation of the department’s annual priorities in alignment with the organizational priorities
- Implements and monitors tools and processes that enable the delivery of high quality and safe care
- In collaboration with the Manager, Home and Community Care reviews, assesses and/or recommends policy, procedures and/or programs that best meet the needs of the organization to deliver exceptional patient care
- Represents Home and Community Care in Client Health Related Information System (CHRIS) internal working group, including supporting the roll-out of new CHRIS functionality and releases, and measuring the impact across defined Home and Community Care teams
- Brings forward insight on departmental issues and challenges to both management and/or Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) employees
- Provides leadership to designated work groups, programs and/or committees as required
- Takes all reasonable precautions for the protection of workers and abides by all other supervisory level duties in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensures the delivery of safe, excellent patient care through continuous quality improvement initiatives aligned with Mississauga Halton LHIN Quality & Risk Framework
- Provides input around development of PDSA tests of change, testing and recommendations
- Participation at Internal/external Sub Region Planning Group where applicable
- Provide support, education and training required to front line to facilitate collaborative Primary Care Partnerships.
- Regardless of team assignment (hospital, community or both) provides weekend coverage on a rotational basis (depending on the # of Operations Leaders, i.e., With 4 Operations Leaders, would work 1 in 4 weekends), working either the full day Saturday or Sunday of their assigned weekend. Will be given 1 day off during the same pay period to compensate for the weekend work. To be negotiated with Manager/Director. NOTE: Does not replace Manager on-call on weekends
- Main Standard work on weekends:
Check in with all weekend sites (hospitals and ACT) either in person or by phone
Ensures continuity of care through review any new programs, program changes, policies/procedures that impact all staff through on site discussion or teleconference with all those working on that weekend.
Provide support to new employees working on weekend
Messages for weekend teams to be confirmed by Director prior to weekend shift
- University degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Nursing, Health Administration; preference will be given to regulated health professionals (RN, RSW, OT, PT, SLP)
- Four (4) to six (6) years related experience, preferably in a unionized healthcare environment
- For Access Team only, experience in call centre management, Office Administration an asset
- Experience in or working knowledge of care coordination and/or system navigation an asset
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data and ability to translate data using Microsoft office and other tools into useful information
- Technical working knowledge of scheduling methods and procedures
- Ability to safeguard confidential information in a responsible manner
- Excellent organizational, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills are required to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Working knowledge of medical terminology an asset
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY2021-75 via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.