Reporting to the Director, Information Technology & Facilities, the Manager, Information Technology & Facilities is responsible for leading the WWLHIN’s Information Technology & Facilities operations with a focus on customer support and projects (hardware,software, security, and move planning). The overall goal of the position is to make it easy for LHIN staff to access the high quality support they need, so they can effectively serve our residents and improve the patient experience.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the WWLHIN’s IT & Facilities service desks including (but not limited to): maintaining service quality and SLA standards, balancing team workload, ensuring adequate coverage, providing advice, and personally taking on or directly assisting in resolving complex or high priority requests.
- Provides people management to IT and Facilities staff through prioritizing and delegating work.
- Undertakes annual and on-going performance management including development/assessment of an annual individualized plans (AIPs), identification of learning opportunities, career coaching and on-going mentoring.
- Develops an annual work plan and supports the Director in the development of the strategic and operational roadmap.
- Provides input and advice on departmental policy, procedures and systems.
- Supports the selection of new hardware and software.
- Maintains a good understanding of ministry directives and ensures they are followed.
- Keeps abreast of new developments / technologies / processes in the IT industry.
- Makes recommendations to implement innovations to yield improvements/efficiencies.
- Locally manages any IT or Facilities-related provincial issues that may impact WW operations.
- Regularly collaborates and communicates with other Ontario Health business units, and external stakeholders on projects and deployments.
- Provides both knowledge/expertise as well as core project management services (scope, budget, reporting) for both internal and system-wide projects.
- Manages external contractors to ensure contract is respected and quality is achieved.
- Provides input to working groups / business leaders / project teams as to how to leverage technology to improve business process.
- Works with internal customers to ensure technical support is meeting business needs.
- Develops policy and procedures in conjunction with the Director, IT & Facilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and experience typically includes a university degree / college diploma with specialization in computer science / technology, and 5 – 7 years of experience.
- Expertise in technical systems analysis and management, including hands-on experience with computer networks, hardware, and software.
- Experience with supervising others in a customer service-focused environment.
- Knowledge of the Ontario health sector and including current Digital Health strategies and initiatives.
- Knowledge of IT specific privacy and security regulatory environment.
- High-level understanding of Facilities-related regulatory environment such as health and safety, real estate, building codes, etc.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of the WWLHIN’s programs and services in order to support information technology and facilities needs.
- Knowledge in technology and information management (hardware, software).
- Experience using Microsoft Visio for designing floor plans and/or network diagrams would be an asset.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external partners.
This position may be required to participate on an on-call rotation schedule.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting competition #20-A-07 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY