Interested applicants should apply before end of day August 7, 2020
JOB TITLE: Manager, Client Services
START DATE: September 2020
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Home and Community Care, Professional Practice
DEPARTMENT: Home and Community Care
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Director, Professional Practice, this position is responsible for overseeing the ongoing management, planning and evaluation of direct nursing care provision in the Toronto Central LHIN. Working with a team of nurses, nurse practitioners, and team assistants, the incumbent will ensure that quality client-focused services are delivered in client homes, in schools, and virtually.
An excellent communicator and problem solver, the Manager, Client Services is accountable for the quality of delivery of nursing services and direct management of the team. This role will focus on the development of innovative and integrated models of care in partnership with health service providers, school boards, and community service agencies.
- Leads the team in delivering quality community health care
- Coaches and assists staff with complex client situations.
- Working with clinical leadership within and outside the organization to develop innovative models of care
- Participates in researching, integrating and promoting leading client services delivery models in one or more specialty client program areas for the Toronto Central LHIN, in order to achieve established objectives and targets
- Builds and maintains relationships with health and social service agencies and external service providers.
- Participates as a leader in change management initiatives; acts as a champion for continuous improvement and participates in the development of policies, procedures, systems and tools to improve service delivery.
- Interprets and implements organizational policy, union contracts, and any applicable legislation as required.
- Monitors and manages the budget and performance indicators, including analyzing results and recommending adjustments.
- Day-to-day management and development of staff.
- Ensures process is in place for frontline staff to identify and address client safety concerns, and that client safety is discussed at team meetings, huddles and planning sessions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Graduate degree in health administration, and possibly specialist expertise in a discipline such as palliative care or mental health. May also have a background and graduate degree in social services, or an MBA (or equivalent).
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Registered Nursing License in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario
- Advanced education in Nursing will be considered an asset Experience::
- Three to five years experience managing in a multi-disciplinary, culturally diverse health care environment.
- Knowledge of direct care/case management and/ or operational models used in community health care organizations
- Good knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and roles of health care professionals and understanding of issues and priorities within health care
- Experience leading projects and supporting staff through changes, such as program implementation, quality improvement, and development of strategic partnerships
- In-depth understanding of the Toronto Central LHIN’s priorities and related Home and Community Care priorities and plans
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g., regarding privacy, the provision of health care services, etc.)
- A team player with excellent communication skills who respects diversity, exercises good judgment and is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and client care.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and time management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship management, facilitation, negotiation and problem solving skills.Knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in community healthcare settings, including CHRIS and EMRs
- English/ French bilingual would be an asset
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process