Are you an experienced health care professional with knowledge of care coordination, system navigation and call centre management? Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Take a look at this exciting opportunity.
The Mississauga Halton LHIN is currently recruiting for an Associate Manager/Operations Leader, Home and Community Care. This entry-level management role reports to the Director, Coordinated Access and is responsible for organizing, coordinating, leading and supervising the day-to-day operations of assigned teams. The Operations Leader provides leadership by example and improves team performance by matching skills and resources with a goal to ensure the right work is in the right hands. This position assists in facilitating a service environment that promotes quality care to patients and caregivers in the communities resulting in positive patient outcomes and a satisfying work environment.
What will you do?
- Maintain a regular presence in the team to provide coaching and mentorship for staff, oversee referral volume, flow and timing of assessments, address any patient concerns and ensure that all documents are being completed correctly
- Working with the Home and Community Care teams within the Mississauga Halton region this role requires face to face interaction with staff to: coordinate staff and business processes on a day to day operational basis for a defined team
- Participates and assists Manager with attendance management
- Identifies staffing requirements in collaboration with the Home and Community Care Manager, to ensure adequate staffing levels
- Makes changes to daily schedule as required, to address patient volumes and absenteeism
- Reports to the Manager, Home and Community Care issues related to performance to ensure staff meet quality standards, individual job performance expectations; and on-going staff development requirements
- When staff issues arise, assists Manager in collecting information on the presenting issues, and contributes to the outcomes and plan, where required
- Performs scheduled audits to determine quality of assessment and care planning, including appropriate documentation using established audit tools and ensuring quality assurance
- Under Manager’s direction, participates in the development of performance review documentation, participates in and/or conducts staff performance reviews
- Participate in interviews for Team Assistant and Care Coordinator positions
- In collaboration with the Manager, interprets and implements organizational policy, collective agreement and any legislation applicable to patient care
- Identifies gaps in information necessary for the effective management of the team and evaluates the need to other departments for metrics development and implementation in collaboration with the Manager, Home and Community Care
- Authorizes staff time sheets, Requests for Leave/Time Request Forms, and/or expense claims
- Participates in implementing operational initiatives to meet identified performance indicators
- Supports other frontline roles, including Clinical Practice Lead, to create opportunities for professional development and growth
Patient Care Delivery
- Works with the Manager, Home and Community Care and team to support the provision of care
- In collaboration with the Manager, identify gaps in service delivery and communicate the challenges and potential solutions to the Leadership team at appropriate forums
- Monitors the ongoing effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of service through tools such as report analysis, patient surveys/feedback, chart audits, documentation reviews, and performance evaluations; consults with the Manager, Home and Community Care regarding areas of concern
- Works with the Manager and team to effectively manage and resolve patient and community/stakeholder complaints
- Assists the Manager with reviewing, investigating, and closing of ETMS events of low and medium risk
- Monitors and supports new hires to ensure competency levels are being met
- Consults with the Manager, Home and Community Care in situations of actual or potential high risk to the patient and/or the organization, and for decisions regarding policy interpretation
- Works with system partners, including Service Providers, Hospitals, Community Service Sector, Primary Care, and others, to develop system solutions that benefit patient and caregiver outcomes and experience
- Uses professional judgment, problem-solving, and mentoring skills to support and assist staff to analyze and respond appropriately to complex patient care situations
- Works with team members on integrated transitions from hospital to home to home by providing guidance on issues related to barriers to discharge, challenging patients situations, and approving resources.
- Participates in the development and successful implementation of the department’s annual priorities in alignment with the organizational priorities
- Implements and monitors tools and processes that enable the delivery of high quality and safe care
- In collaboration with the Manager, Home and Community Care reviews, assesses and/or recommends policy, procedures and/or programs that best meet the needs of the organization to deliver exceptional patient care
- Represents Home and Community Care in Client Health Related Information System (CHRIS) internal working group, including supporting the roll-out of new CHRIS functionality and releases, and measuring the impact across defined Home and Community Care teams
- Brings forward insight on departmental issues and challenges to both management and/or Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) employees
- Provides leadership to designated work groups, programs and/or committees as required
- Hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7 hour day shift with some evenings; provides weekend coverage on a rotational basis (approximately 1 in 4 weekends), working either the full day Saturday or Sunday of the assigned weekend (with 1 day off during the same pay period to compensate for the weekend work, negotiated with Manager or Director)
What must you have?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Nursing, Health Administration; preference will be given to regulated health professionals (RN, RSW, OT, PT, SLP)
- Four (4) to six (6) years related experience, preferably in a unionized healthcare environment
- For Access Team only, experience in call centre management, Office Administration an asset
- Experience in or working knowledge of care coordination and/or system navigation an asset
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data and ability to translate data using Microsoft office and other tools into useful information
- Technical working knowledge of scheduling methods and procedures
- Ability to safeguard confidential information in a responsible manner
- Excellent organizational, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills are required to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Working knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Ability to speak French or another second language an asset
Who we are
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, LHINs ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
This is a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move towards a better connected system that creates more seamless care for patients. The Mississauga Halton LHIN is pivotal in this process. Entrusted with planning, funding, integrating and delivering health care across our region, we are finding better ways to provide high-quality services to the 1.2 million people that call our region home.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.