The Manager, Patient Services is responsible for managing day to day operations, ensuring that efficient and effective services are provided to Patients and their families through the provision of case management services and long term care facility placement services in hospitals and in the community. This position includes the responsibility for ensuring appropriate assessment of needs and coordination and management of services is provided to support Patients and their caregivers in their homes.
This position requires a high level of independence and is expected to provide the leadership to ensure that objectives of the LHIN are met.
- Manages Patient Services teams involving recruitment, selection, coaching counselling and performance management;
- Provides direction to staff regarding case management issues;
- Identifies staff and team training and skill development needs;
- Participates in budget development and monitoring and operational planning for the division;
- Monitors client outcomes through the use of standardized tools;
- Participates in interagency meetings and committees to promote an integrated approach to service delivery;
- Collaborates with community stakeholders and interprets policies of the LHIN to Patients and/or their caregivers, and health care stakeholders;
- Provides primary contact for client/family complaints or issues not resolved by the Care Coordinator or team member;
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for Patient Services.
- Provides direction to staff related to legislation, policies and directives;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in a health related field.
- 5 years progressively responsible experience in health care.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Management experience in a unionized environment with direct experience with change management.
- Knowledge of legislation governing health care activities in Ontario.
- Interpersonal, analytical, communication and diplomacy skills required.
This position is included in the Manager, Patient Services on-call rotation schedule.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting competition #19-A-04. We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY