We are currently recruiting a Senior Lead, Funding & Allocation
Competition #: FY1819-189
Date Posted: February 4, 2019
Date Closed: Until Filled
Start Date: as soon as possible
Reports to: Manager, Funding & Allocation
Category: Temporary Full-time until September 2020
Primary Assigned Location: Oakville Office – 700 Dorval Drive, Oakville
Reporting to the Manager, Funding and Allocation, this position will be responsible for oversight of finance and allocation management for the MH LHIN’s Health Service Providers (HSPs) and assists with the financial monitoring and various reporting activities for the MH LHIN. The Senior Lead, Funding and Allocation, is a key member of the Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management team who demonstrates knowledge and the ability to enhance financial accountability, performance and risk management and instill financial accountability with (all) organizations funded by the MH LHIN.
- Assists in overseeing allocations to Health Service Providers (HSPs) in MH LHIN in all sectors, Community Support Services (CSS), Mental Health & Addictions (MH&A), Long-Term Care Homes (LTCH), Community Health Centres (CHC) and Hospitals.
- Works closely with the Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management team on quarterly reporting review, by monitoring and analyzing HSPs’ financial and performance obligations. Also identifies any high-risk issues related to funding or financial management of HSPs.
- Supports diversified funding streams of various programs of LHIN funded initiatives in all sectors. Inclusive of Health System Reform (HSFR) that is consisting of Health Based Allocation Methodology (HBAM), Quality Based Procedures (QBPs) and other regional programs that constitutes Hospital funding.
- Monitoring funded revenue in all sectors within the fiscal year.
- Participate in the negotiation/preparation of new accountability agreements and multi-year funding targets for Health Service Providers (HSPs) as well as play a key role in the development of related policies, procedures and/or strategies for performance management which set clear and achievable performance obligations for HSPs.
- Review and evaluate funding proposals and make recommendations to MH LHIN Senior Management staff.
- Processes the transfer payment transactions into the Allocation and Payment Tracking System (APTS) and ensures all appropriate internal documentation and controls are in place.
- Liaises with the Ministry to reconcile any transfer payment issues if required.
- Reviews year-end settlements received from the Ministry pertaining to HSPs year-end reporting results.
- Reviews submissions for Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund (HIRF) and Community Infrastructure Renewal Fund (CIRF).
- Assists in the preparation of HSPs’ funding letters.
- Assists with year-end audit by preparing year-end working papers with the required supporting documentation pertaining to transfer payment allocations.
- Extracts and compiles financial data for various ad hoc reports requested for decision making analysis.
- Provides advice and assistance to MH LHIN staff, management and HSPs on financial and funding matters to ensure compliance with all ministry requirements, directives policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of quarterly and ad-hoc financial packages for ministry reporting and MH LHIN Board.
- Participate and/or lead inter-LHIN and LHIN/Ministry initiatives as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- Post-Secondary Education Degree in Accounting and/or Business Administration (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Preferred candidate will have (or be pursuing) the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) accounting designation
- A minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ of relevant experience in general accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Ability to communicate in French or another language an asset
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition FY1819-189 via the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.