We are currently recruiting a Communications Strategist
Competition Number: FY1819-162
Date Posted: January 8, 2019
Date Closed: Until Filled
Portfolio: Health System Strategy, Integration and Planning
Department: Communications and Engagement
Team: Communications and Engagement
Reports To: Manager, Strategic Communication and Partner Relations
Category: Permanent Full-Time
Primary Assigned Location: Etobicoke – 401 The West Mall, Etobicoke
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Communication and Partner Relations, the Communications Strategist is responsible for providing strategic communications support for organizational work including developing and delivering communications coaching to senior leadership and staff, as well as to system partners within the Mississauga Halton LHIN.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications and Counsel
- Works in partnership with Mississauga Halton LHIN portfolios and teams to develop communications strategies and materials in support of Mississauga Halton LHIN strategic work
- Helps internal stakeholders with communications planning and support for writing or editing needs as appropriate.
- Ensures communications are consistent with Mississauga Halton LHIN key organizational messages and visual identity guidelines
- Supports digital and social media communications
- Develops storytelling briefs and creates compelling executive presentations
- Liaises with the Mississauga Halton LHIN portfolios and relevant teams, executives and senior leaders to deliver consistent communications content and strategy to internal and external stakeholders, including health system partners, service providers, hospitals, primary care and community agencies
- Liaises and engages with external partners and audiences in the development of communications strategy, materials and activities
- Research and writes a variety of communications materials that support Mississauga Halton LHIN communication strategy including presentations, newsletters, videos, brochures, letters, memos, bulletins, web content, scripts/speaking points, advertisements and reports as required
- Supports large-scale engagements, media events, and campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- University degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism or Public Affairs (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) designation from International Association of Business Communicators or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) from Canadian Public Relations Society an asset
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience in developing and implementing communications tactics; experience must include communications advice
- Excellent knowledge of current communication theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with digital communications including social media outreach and content creation
- Excellent knowledge of project management
- Experience with public engagement and facilitation an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint) and Sharepoint
- Design expertise is considered an asset
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition FY1819-162 via the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.