JOB TITLE: Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Reporting
START DATE: January 2019
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Controller, Financial Planning and Reporting
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
As a Senior Analyst (SA), the main responsibilities include preparing Home care and HSP performance analysis and reports for senior management in order to facilitate the decision making, planning and reporting process. The SA performs various corporate management responsibilities which supports and advances the finance and business functions at Toronto Central LHIN (TC LHIN) and performs cross functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Prepare segmental financial reports packages, briefing notes for the Homecare managers and Senior Management team
- Performs detailed performance and financial analysis, including month end analysis and written reports.
- Proactively assists in end-to-end Homecare budget and forecast processes, including establishing and executing the deliverables for all components of the budget/forecast cycle.
- Works on the implementation and maintenance of budget and forecast tool and various reporting tools.
- Working within the Funding management tools, develop and document funding processes and allocations for tracking and monitor funding allocations.
- Develops and maintains external benchmarking analysis to provide better insight into performance management
- Performs analysis on business cases, funding proposals and contracts and provide recommendations
- Assist in preparation of technical analysis of HSPs (Health Services Providers )reporting including working capital analysis reports
- Perform with the volume management planning and reconciliation process for HSPs, including volume reconciliations
- Monitor Homecare initiatives and TC LHIN HSPs initiatives and assist in preparation of MIS and monthly and quarterly reporting
- Maintain Funding management application tool and update on TC LHIN Financial page
- Assists with year-end audit working papers and other supporting documentation, including the creation and maintenance of the fixed asset schedule
- Fulfils ad-hoc requests made by the Director, Financial planning reporting , other directors and/or external parties
- Performs other functions including office administration duties and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Business Degree with focus in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Admin.
- Enrolment in CPA program preferred
- 1 - 3 years of progressive experience in Financial Analysis or Accounting / or Business Analysis
- Experience in writing financial and budget analysis comments and business cases analysis
- Experience with Excel, financial modelling, and sensitivity analysis.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce results working with others
- Project management experience in overseeing project initiatives for corporate services would be an asset
- Demonstrated capacity to prioritize multiple assignments, projects, emerging issues, initiatives and priorities simultaneously under pressure with accuracy and high standards deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior verbal and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels, including Senior Management Team, staff and Ministry
- Excellent organization skills to promote knowledge management system
- Proven track record of managing multiple functions and tasks in a fast paced environment with excellent time management and high standards of accountability
- Good understanding and implementation of business application software skills
- Proficient computer literacy
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process