JOB TITLE: Senior Planner
START DATE: January 2019
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Manager, Health Analytics
DEPARTMENT: Decision Support
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN, 250 Dundas St West, Toronto
The position reports directly to the Manager, Health Analytics providing leadership in health system performance measurement and reporting, research and advanced analytical support to various projects and initiatives across the Toronto Central LHIN (TC LHIN) business areas.
- Leads and conducts technical analysis of complex health-care system models or approaches and uses tools and methods to assess the impact of initiatives to meet the short and long term needs of the local community.
- Manages preparation of high quality analytical reports, analyses or research for a variety of audiences, including the CEO and Senior Management Team, LHIN committees and work groups and the Board of Directors and in some cases, patients or the public. Uses relevant data sources, literature researches, and or jurisdictional reviews as well as skill and knowledge to translate complex technical information into common, understandable language for these highly variable audiences. Ensures analyses include relevant context from other LHIN teams and stakeholders when appropriate.
- Responsible for overseeing corporate reporting, including ensuring alignment between the various LHIN performance measurement and reporting initiatives including leading ongoing reporting using scorecards and dashboards to the Board, Committees of the Board, Senior Management Team and Ministry, and coordinating with various stakeholders in the organization to highlight the reasons for the performance, opportunities and risks that need to be addressed.
- Acts as a key member of TC LHIN project teams providing advanced analytical support, including geographic analysis, with a focus on capacity and transitions planning, sub-regions, population health and community planning, equity, primary care, patient experience and health service utilization
- Contributes advice and input from a performance measurement and analytic perspective, to the development of plans and various projects related to the strategic goals of the LHIN; advice will be based on a clear understanding of the health care system and both the value-add and limitations of the data and information available to support decision-making.
- Identifies issues with data and takes initiative in working out optimal solutions with appropriate stakeholders to improve accuracy, timeliness, connectivity and other data issues.Advises and mentors others on the team with respect to approaches to conducting in-depth data analysis, project planning, and information development
- Contributes to the promotion of the LHIN’s work through activities such as participation on external committees or at external forums.
KNOWELDGE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Health Sciences or the equivalent.
- Five to ten years of experience in health care planning with a focus on capacity and transitions, needs assessment and analytics including experience in conducting detailed quantitative and qualitative analyses and working with performance indicators, scorecards and dashboards.
- Knowledge of health care reporting requirements (e.g. MIS guidelines) and funding methodologies, within more than one sector preferred; strong knowledge/familiarity with various databases used to capture information in various health sectors (e.g. Intellihealth).
- Experience leading small and medium projects of varying complexity, including engagement of multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Experience designing and developing standard and ad hoc reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint), exposure to advanced Excel functionality such as macros and pivot tables.
- Experience in statistical/analytic and visualization software including Access, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, ArcGIS-mapping beneficial.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of local health issues, priorities and needs. Clear understanding of the broader trends in health care policy and system development.
- Knowledge and adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies and measures to protect data and information sources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues across teams.
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process