Reporting to the Director, Quality and Risk the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to ensure the efficient implementation and day-to-day operation of the Quality and Risk Team at the Mississauga Halton LHIN. The areas of responsibility required by this role involve coordinating calendars, recording meeting minutes, organizing manual and electronic files, preparing presentations, managing data entry, and supporting business requirements to ensure that all team members function in the most effective manner.
Competition Number: FY1819-151
Start Date: as soon as possible
Reports to: Director, Quality and Risk
Department: Quality and Risk
Category: Permanent Full-time
Primary Location: Etobicoke Office
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role will spend the majority of time supporting the Quality and Risk department, but also provide occasional support to the Director, People, Planning and Services and the Director, People Development and Engagement.
- Prepares documents as required using word processing, presentation, spreadsheets, database, and related computer software
- Prepares, proofreads, and sends letters, reports, minutes and other material as assigned; prepares correspondence for approval by the Director as directed
- Maintains files and confidential records to ensure corporate compliance
- Performs duties to support work of the Director and of the department including committees, special projects, data collection, etc.
- Prioritizes and manages calendars upon request, and resolves scheduling conflicts as necessary based on changing needs and priorities
- Coordinates meetings as directed; prepares and circulates agendas, minutes and support materials for meetings
- Coordinates workshops and/or events, including booking meetings, invitations, agenda preparation, teleconference support, catering services, location set up and clean up, ensuring all corporate policies are adhered to in regard to catering requests and other applicable miscellaneous requests
- Handles logistics, travel arrangements, and accommodations for events, seminars, meetings, and other Director/ Manager engagements and prepares monthly travel expense claims
- Receives, reviews and prioritizes incoming mail, referring materials to appropriate teams for action as appropriate and follows up on outstanding items
- Interacts with contacts to seek and provide information and materials as directed
- Liaises with other Administrative/Executive Assistants as necessary to resolve administrative issues/concerns/departmental matters to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Acts as a liaison with counterparts across the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) on matters involving committees the Director/ Manager/ team chairs or participates on
- Edits and maintains the internet/intranet for the department
- Inputs, updates or collates data for the departments statistical reporting
- Perform routine office duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, mail, courier, and supplies ordering
- Provide backup support to the other administrative staff as required
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in Business/Administration/Secretarial Program, general administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience providing administrative support to formal leaders (e.g., knowledge of the formal and informal protocols and methods of supporting senior-level staff)
- In-depth ability in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with administrative procedures, processes and standards
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information from a variety of sources into effective briefing material, reports and summaries
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and thorough written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Detail orientated, well organized and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a variety of tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner when discussing issues with other LHIN divisional staff or external clients
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to communicate in French or another language an asset
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1819-151 via the link above. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.