JOB TITLE: Senior Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
START DATE: December 2018
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Administration
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources and Corporate Administration
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Vice President Human Resources and Corporate Administration (the “VP”) and team when required. With a general awareness of human resources, this role is an integral member of the broader Human Resources and Organizational Development team contributing to programs and services of those teams as well as supporting the Vice President with special projects.
- Coordinate all administrative functions for the Office of the VP, including: Arranges meetings, all the materials and set up required for meetings. As well, all follow up on any action items noted at such meetings.
- Develop and maintain electronic and hard copy file and records systems ensuring the highest level of confidentiality and security is maintained.
- Demonstrate a high degree of diplomacy, sensitivity and judgement in responding to inquiries and requests for support from the VP or departments within the division.
- Support the VP, as the management representative for the organization, in liaising with the bargaining agent, scheduling meetings, collating documentation, preparing draft materials, preparing for collective agreement negotiations.
- Independently manages key work flow processes and projects support for the Division including, but not limited to; Updating the organizational charts on quarterly basis, Organizing and reporting on the Operating Plan for the division in support of the broader Human Resources Strategy and Oversight and coordination of the review and updating of divisional policies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with LHIN teams, Ministry, and other stakeholders.
- Review incoming materials to determine their disposition and initiate action required; follow up to resolve problems and ensure appropriate completion. Update and advise the VP on progress, problems and issues. Independently responds to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- Ensure employee time and attendance records are submitted weekly, including vacation and sick time.
- Assist other members of the LHIN as appropriate and requested.
- Coordinate with other Administrative and Executive support staff to ensure all core support functions are cross-covered throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education/training in a business or human resources specialization.
- Senior professional administrative experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Familiarity with human resources and organizational development practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations and conflicting demands.
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required.
- Adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects.
- Good understanding of LHIN strategic objectives and priorities.
- Excellent ability to see the big picture, anticipates problems, organize and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive written reports.
- Knowledge of significant provincial health-care priorities, initiative, and issues.
- Knowledge of cyclical planning, review and reporting requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SharePoint an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel preferred.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.