JOB TITLE: Manager, Operations Support, Home and Community Care
START DATE: November 2018
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Home and Community Care
DEPARTMENT: Home and Community Care
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Director, Homecare Operations, this position is responsible for overseeing key business functions to support client care; including providing subject matter expertise for core business systems, centralized support functions, and equipment and supply ordering.
Working with internal client service teams, the incumbent will ensure that efficient and effective operational processes support client care and system transitions. This position also serves as a key liaison with HSSOntario, for all business activities related to CHRIS implementation and support. As a member of the Operations team, the Manager will assist the Director in providing portfolio-wide support for performance management, operational reporting, and process improvement.
An excellent communicator and problem solver, the Manager, Operations Support is accountable for the quality and fiscal management of services delivered by the team, and the position will also directly manage staff providing such services.
- Leads a team of staff supporting core business systems for Home and Community Care, including CHRIS, RM&R and AcuteNet. Works closely with the IT team to align business and technical support functions.
- Leads release management activity for new releases and enhancements to Home and Community Care business systems, including coordinating business user testing, identification of training needs, user communications, and oversight of release project plans.
- Participates in provincial working groups with HSSOntario, and serves as single point of contact for CHRIS (and other Home and Community Care systems) release planning and testing.
- Manages Equipment and Supply team and ordering processes for the organization, including operational support for formulary updates, coordination with Professional Practice and Formulary Management Committee, and reporting on trends in utilization to support planning and decision-making.
- Supports centralized business processes to support client care, including managing non-urgent Service Provider Organization calls, reporting on missed and cancelled visits, and addressing billing issues.
- Provides support to portfolio-wide activities including operational reporting and performance management, LEAN process improvement, and data investigations with Decision Support.
- Develops and implements best practice measures to support collaboration between Toronto Central LHIN client services, hospitals, Long Term Care facilities, Community Resource groups, physicians, and nursing and rehabilitation services.
- Participates as a leader in change management initiatives; acts as a champion for continuous improvement and participates in the development of policies, procedures, systems and tools to improve service delivery.
- Interprets and implements organizational policy, union contracts, and any applicable legislation as required.
- Day-to-day management and development of Home and Community Care staff.
- Ensures process is in place for frontline staff to identify and address client safety concerns, and that client safety is discussed at team meetings, huddles and planning sessions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Graduate degree in health administration. May also have a background and graduate degree in social services, or an MBA (or equivalent).
- Regulated Health Professional is an asset.
- LEAN and/or Project Management training and credentials are an asset.
- Three to five years’ experience managing in a multi-disciplinary, culturally diverse health care environment.
- Knowledge of direct care/case management and/ or operational models used in community health care organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management (e.g. CHRIS, RM&R, AcuteNet, thehealthline.ca, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with quality/process improvement, performance management, and leveraging data and technology to support home care operations.
- Good knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and roles of health care professionals and understanding of issues and priorities within health care.
- In-depth understanding of the Toronto Central LHIN’s priorities and related Home and Community Care priorities and plans.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g., regarding privacy, the provision of health care services, etc.)
- A team player with excellent communication skills who respects diversity, exercises good judgment and is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and client care.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and time management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship management, facilitation, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Interested individuals are more than welcome to apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.