Project Manager, Quality and Safety
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Quality and Project Management, this position is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and management of projects, supporting Central LHIN’s strategic and business goals.
This role will require some travelling across the LHIN and other locations such as partner/ stakeholder office sites.
Leads, Implements and Evaluates Organizational Projects
- Provides leadership and direction in the development, implementation and evaluation of selected projects
- Completes project plans defining project scope, work breakdown structure, assumptions, risks, goals, deliverables and financial resources
- Establishes project team and infrastructure necessary to support the implementation and sustainability of the project
- Communicates and ensures active engagement of Project Sponsor, Project Lead and team members throughout all project phases
- Ensures outcomes of project; aligns and moves strategic goals and business goals towards targets
- Measures and reports project progress: records information regarding project outcomes including activity completion dates, milestone completion, status of the deliverables, the quality of the deliverables, project risks and mitigation plans, costs, schedule progress and updates
- In collaboration with Project Lead, manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and devises/executes contingency plans, as required
- Determines the content of status reports for the project sponsor, analyzes results, and troubleshoots problem areas
- Empowers project team thinking from current state to a variety of possibilities in the future integrating with organizational direction, vision and strategies
- Incorporates LEAN principles and concepts into project planning and implementation
- In collaboration with the Project Lead, the Project Manager supports organizational change within the project environment and develops innovative and creative methods to achieve results-orientated outcomes
- Identify and apply key metrics for prioritizing projects
- Collaborates and builds capacity for project management across the organization
- Utilizes project management theory and technology to support implementation of projects
- Establishes and sustains effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Seeks to understand and engage patients and caregivers perspective whenever possible
- Manages conflict to optimize project performance and accomplish project objectives successfully
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- 5-8 years of project management experience preferable in a healthcare environment or equivalent (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certification in a Quality Improvement methodology preferred
- Certification in Change Management preferred
- Exceptional project management skills to effectively lead a project team to achieve critical project milestones using a formal project management approach
- Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills to ensure positive outcomes for quality client service delivery when dealing with LHIN staff, hospital staff, service providers, community partners and cross ministry programs
- Ability to fact-find using a variety of methods such as interviews, research, reports, best practice guidelines and face-to-face meetings
- Ability to identify and respond to high risk, complex situations in order to mitigate risk to the patient, staff and organization
- Good knowledge of budget planning, resource allocation, financial monitoring and reporting
- Strong understanding of the health care system and community sector across the continuum of care
- Demonstrated ability to leverage understanding of power and influence tactics appropriately
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to comfortably and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization matching styles with the needs of the audience with clarity, impact and utilizing a variety of media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and/or other project planning software and in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham, Ontario. There may be requirement for occasional travel to other sites across the Central LHIN.
For more information on the Central LHIN, visit centrallhin.on.ca. Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.