Risk Management Specialist
PURPOSE STATEMENT/ JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Manager, Risk Management and Patient Safety, this position is an organizational resource for risk management and patient safety issues
Act as a resource/consultant for Central LHIN staff related to risk management and patient safety issues
- Provide risk management advice and support for high risk situations, complex cases and risk-related issues
- Respond to urgent issues relating to risk management and patient safety matters consulting with appropriate stakeholders as required
- Support and provide guidance to staff on consent and capacity issues, legal claims and other legal matters
- Liaise with external organizations as necessary (OPGT, HIROC)
- Promote a culture of safety and risk awareness across the organization
Support the Manager, Risk Management and Patient Safety and contribute to the development and revision of risk management tools and resources, such as the patient safety plan; emergency preparedness efforts; infection prevention and control as assigned
- Promote and support use of the Ethical Framework across the organization;
- Participate in incident reviews, root cause analysis and failure mode effects analysis, as required;
- Support policy and procedure developments related to patient safety, risk management and infection prevention and control;
- Contribute to department planning and participate in ongoing educational opportunities to remain current on risk management and patient safety issues;
- Provide education and support on risk management, patient safety and infection prevention and control;
- Participate on specific internal/ external projects, working groups and initiatives as assigned;
- Support processes for legal claims
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: Undergraduate degree
Risk Management Certificate/program completion
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Certification in Infection Control
Regulated Health Professional
1-3 years risk management, patient safety
- Good understanding of legislative framework (e.g. Home Care and Community Services Act, Health Care Consent Act, Substitute Decisions Act, PHIPA )
- Previous experience in quality and risk management projects and initiatives.
- Good knowledge of patient services practices in Home and Community Care
- Good knowledge of the health care system and service delivery models used in the community.
- Good understanding of project management processes and techniques.
- Familiar with emergency preparedness, incident management, and pandemic planning in Ontario
- High level of computer literacy and ability for presentations.
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham, Ontario. There may be requirement for occasional travel to other sites across the Central LHIN.
For more information on the Central LHIN, visit centrallhin.on.ca. Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.