JOB TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst, Homecare
START DATE: October 2018
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Controller, Financial Planning and Reporting
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Controller, as a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA), the main responsibilities include preparing financial analysis on Homecare and HSPs (Health services providers) financials, budgeting and planning, project monitoring, financial forecasting and reporting, and all activities and responsibilities associated with these areas.
- Prepares Homecare financial reports including development of power point presentations and dashboards, identifies cost drivers and provides recommendation to Management team in budget management
- Drives the financial analysis (scorecard, dashboard, etc.) with variance explanation on actual results to forecast, target, and prior period results and identifies risks to budget with mitigating proposals and follow up action plans. This also includes financial analytical services to Management team that will drive key decision making through vigorous analytics by presenting past and projected financial implications
- Proactively assists in end-to-end Homecare budget and forecast processes, including establishing and executing the deliverables for all components of the budget/forecast cycle. Works on the implementation and maintenance of budget and forecast tool and various reporting tools. Collaborates closely with Management team to assist with the development of the annual budget to maintain accurate and timely submission of plans
- Prepares the Homecare business plan with accurate forecasting including developing comprehensive financial modelling and three years plan forecast and targets including assessment of financial impact for various initiatives and ensures the provision of in-depth, comprehensive and up-to-date financial analyses on all business proposals
- Develops and executes internal processes in relation to organizational cost control including identifying drivers, and assists in developing action plans
- Prepares presentation of financial results together with value added analysis, business risks and opportunities and provides recommendations for improved performance
- Works with the Homecare and Contract Department and cross-functional teams to identify cost saving opportunities and develops initiatives and lead implementations. The SFA supports and establishes relationships with the Homecare and Management Team by anticipating their financial requirements in order to drive efficiencies and improve quality
- Proactively sharing business insights and recommendations for value-add business opportunities and make related recommendations delivering the month-end/quarter-end reporting packages and provides financial snapshot for Homecare management
- Prepares Health Service Providers (HSPs) financial reports by summarizing HSPs’ performance results including the volume management planning and reconciliation process for HSPs. Identifies issues/risks that may affect the HSPs’ ability to achieve its performance target; develops and implements project monitoring progress and reporting tool, and assists in the development of communication materials related to HSPs financial performance for results tracking
- Participates on special projects on an ad hoc basis to analyze and assess a wide range of financials, business related proposals, partnerships and alternative service delivery proposals
- Assists with year-end audit working papers and other supporting documentation, including the creation and maintenance of the fixed asset schedule
- Fulfils ad-hoc requests made by the Controller, VP of Finance, Finance Lead, and other directors
- Ensures adherence to internal and external policies, legislation, Ministry Directives and best practices for contracts management within TC LHIN. Proactively seeks opportunities for optimized process improvements to deliver required objectives including: cost-saving efficiencies, standardization, improved internal controls, service improvements and service delivery
- Meet established internal and external deadlines to ensure timely financial reporting and other key metrics.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum ten (10) years progressive financial/accounting and managerial experience CPA designation (CGA, CMAGA, CA) or MBA required.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting for large complex organizations. Preferably in a healthcare setting
- Excellent organizational, effective communication (written & verbal) and decision making/problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with extensive amount of detail with the tight deadline
- Superior analytical skills with an understanding of cause and effect on financials
- Experiences in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with multi-department. Customer service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Strong project management and change management skills and an ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities to meet business objectives.
- Experiences in identifying issues and performing its own analysis
- Excellent problem solving of complex issues, both logical and interpersonal
- Proficiency in working under pressure and demonstrating reliable flexibility in responding to work demands. Ability to meet the deadline with a high degree of accuracy
- Ownership and accountability to provide accurate information and identifying underlying drivers and assists the business in developing action plans as required
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, VBA, SQL, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a detail oriented, strong in accuracy, analytical, proactive problem solver in a logical and structured manner and creative thinker
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Must be highly self-motivated, a pro-active problem solver with a continuous improvement and creative mindset
- Self-starter with Customer service focus to set and deliver personal and team result
- Proven ability to work with and in a team environment with a collaborative work style
- Willing to take initiative
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process