JOB TITLE: Digital Health Consultant
START DATE: October 2018
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Decision Support
DEPARTMENT: Decision Support
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
The position reports directly to the Director, Health Analytics and Innovation with responsibilities to the Decision Support team for delivering information management (IM) projects and coordination of key initiatives across the Toronto Central LHIN and its providers. The consultant’s portfolio will include transformational health system knowledge management and business intelligence projects that will benefit Health Service Providers in our LHIN and advance the use of information to guide decision making, not just for the organization but for all partners.
- Supports LHIN regional digital health portfolio activities with excellent prioritization, organization, and customer relationship skills
- Works in collaboration with other staff in the region to support LHIN project oversight activities and develops/maintains an integrated regional schedule
- Monitors progress of regional digital health delivery partner on completion of local implementation and adoption activities and on alignment to regional digital health strategy, and serves as an escalation point to manage issues and barriers
- Provides strategic advice and support, as required, to LHIN planning staff, health service providers, and other partners on initiatives and opportunities that will advance strategic health system goals
- Identify and/or assess proposals that support the LHIN or provincial digital health strategies
- Effectively evaluates outcomes of digital initiatives using quantitative and qualitative methods to support business case development and return on investment analysis
- Participates on LHIN-based or provincial digital health related project teams as directed
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring clear communications and effective client management
- Conduct proactive issues management by anticipating and mitigating issues, facilitating discussions among partners/stakeholders
- Uses excellent problem recognition and problem solving abilities to handle complex problems and informs management of potential issues and associated solutions
- Undergraduate degree required in Health Informatics, Health Administration, Business, Science or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of digital health related experience
- Minimum of 3 years Ontario health care experience
- Good understanding of the Ontario Health Care System
- Understanding of digital health technology such as Health-related Information Systems and interoperability standards
- Sound knowledge of applicable industry experience in support of client groups such as Health Care, Community Support Services, Finance, etc.
- Proficient use of computer software, and peripheral equipment such as Microsoft Windows, MS Office, Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capacity to think strategically and maintain a broad systems view
- Comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrating the capacity to work independently and with minimal direction
- Stakeholder management, including senior executives, health service providers
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrates ability to work well in a team
Interested applicants are encourage to apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process