JOB TITLE: Senior Consultant, System Flow
START DATE: October 2018
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, System Flow and Capacity
DEPARTMENT: System Flow and Capacity
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Director, System Flow and Capacity, this position is responsible for working alongside the Director to develop and coordinate a broader system plan to address issues and concerns around client transitions in relation to system flow and bedded capacity across the Toronto Central LHIN and GTA.
The incumbent should have expertise in health care operations in a variety of sectors, clinical background, strong relationship management and problem solving abilities.
- Provides subject matter expertise and advice on performance management of Health Service Providers (HSPs) and health system performance with specialized knowledge in one of the following: Community, Hospitals, Long Term Care with a focus on integration
- Maintains strong working relationships with HSPs and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) in support of proactive/effective performance & issues management
- Provides leadership and coordination of Patient Escalation Table by bringing multi-sector/partner together to find safe and appropriate places of care for complex clients
- Drives clinical service changes & broader health system improvements
- Provide leadership to improve ALC indicators across HSPs by data informed action plans, operational improvements and capacity planning
- Development of capacity plans for bedded services across the system-matching patient needs, population data, changes in patient management to inform short and long term capacity plans to optimize patient flow
- Management and operational optimization of the Short Term Transitional Care Models/Reintegration units to ensure maximal impact on patient care and system efficiency
- Participates as a leader in change management initiatives; acts as a champion for continuous improvement and participates in the development of policies, procedures, systems and tools to improve service delivery.
- Knowledge of direct care/case management and/ or operational models used in community health care organizations
- Good knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and roles of health care professionals and understanding of issues and priorities within health care
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g., regarding privacy, the provision of health care services, etc.)
- Ability to build and foster relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to lead and influence change
- Demonstrated skills in organization and time management
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Master’s in business administration, health administration or relevant field or Registered Clinician
- Five years’ experience in a LHIN or the healthcare sector
- Administratively strong and able to converse well with HSPs, Ministry and other LHINs as required
- Experience in project coordination
- Financial acumen
- Extensive proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word with a working knowledge of Information Management Systems such as SharePoint, CRM, etc.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior level HSP executives and their management teams, and to liaise with colleagues across LHINs and with contacts in the Ministry.
- Knowledge of performance management and evaluation techniques in one or more health sectors related to administrative and/or clinical performance
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities
- Understanding of the Ontario healthcare system, its stakeholders, programs and issues
- Demonstrated experience with operation decision-making related to performance management
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset.
Interested applicants are encourage to apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process