JOB TITLE: HROD Business Partner
START DATE: October 2018
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Manager, Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources and Corporate Administration
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
At the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), we are committed to the relentless pursuit of every option to deliver what is most important to each of our clients, and to supporting them to live the fullest and healthiest lives possible. At the same time, we foster an environment where we can unleash the potential of our people.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the HROD Business Partner is responsible for providing a full range of Human Resources leadership for an assigned client group. The position provides HROD expertise, knowledge, and consultation to front line managers in addressing all matters related to people. Using knowledge and techniques in the areas of employee relations, recruitment, attendance management, performance management and organizational development, the HROD Business Partner contributes significantly to the organization’s business objectives.
Liaising with line managers and employees on a day-to-day basis, the HROD BP provides support and counsel on a broad variety of HROD issues, including but not limited to:
Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario including providing support to the reporting and WSIB claims processes.
- Assists in the return to work process working closely with the OHN, the manager, and the employee to finalize return to work plans, including modified plans.
- Provides support for employee/labour relations issues, including internal dispute resolution, policy/procedure interpretation, Collective Agreement interpretation, counselling and actively participating in the handling of complaints and grievances, etc.
- Maintain awareness of, and communicate as necessary, relevant provincial employment and labour legislation; monitor for compliance with applicable legislation.
- Assists with the recruitment function, including requisition processing, job postings, applicant tracking, interviews, employment offers, onboarding [orientation], etc. Also responsible for providing advice and guidance and assisting with special work arrangements (e.g., job sharing, modified work arrangements, etc.)
- Partners with the Client Services Managers in conducting employment interviews and obtains necessary details to ensure the quality and capabilities of candidates referred for employment.
Organizational Development/Training & Development
- Coaches managers in effective employee performance management, alignment and engagement of employees in the delivery of business unit goals and overall talent management.
- Act as a change agent in the creation of a workplace culture, employee empowerment, accountability, continuous improvement, and ongoing learning.
- Proactively manage the identification and resolution of team-related issues
- University Degree, relevant program of studies in Human Resources Management or recognized equivalent work experience
- CHRP or CHRL designation or working towards such, is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a generalist Human Resources capacity or other relevant work experience
- Significant experience in HROD in a unionized environment
- Expert knowledge of employment and labour legislation
- Knowledge of organizational development and change management theories and practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, facilitation and organizational skills with superior conflict resolution
- Strong presentation skills and analytical skills, ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision, ability to work with all levels of management, proven ability to successfully manage organizational change, creative forward thinker
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and sound professional judgment when responding to matters concerning sensitive personal information
- Knowledge of HR tools and systems available to support HR reporting and employee information (e.g. HRIS, MS Office Suite, Workopolis, etc.)
- Certification in health and safety would be an asset
- English/ French bilingual would be an asset
Interested applicants are encourage to apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process