Financial Analyst (24 month contract)
The Finance department of Central Health Integration Network has an immediate temporary full time opening for a Financial Analyst. The successful candidate must have demonstrated success working independently as a self-starter in a fast paced environment along with excellent inter-personal skills. Priority will be given to candidates with healthcare or hospital experience in a financial reporting role. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Accounting and Reporting, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Be directly involved in the preparation of financial information related to Finance and Payroll, including journal entries for month end closing, reconciliation, variances explanation, reporting packages
- Analyze all data related to Finance and Payroll, both for financial and statistical data
- Update chart of accounts and reporting structures to accommodate changes in organizational structure and reporting requirements
- Update the cash reports periodically, alerting the Manager about foreseeable cash flow issues, and prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Ensure the timely submission of monthly financial statements and other internal statistical reports
- Maintain and update the year-end audit book regularly, and compile working papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial audit
- Document working processes and make recommendations for improvement to the Manager
- Participate in special projects, committees and analyses, as assigned
- Cross train, back up and assist with Senior Financial Analysts and Financial Analyst for other Finance and Payroll related tasks
- University degree and actively pursuing/graduating a professional accounting designation i.e. CGA, CMA, CA or CPA Active pursuit of a professional accounting designation such as CA, CGA or CMA
- A solid knowledge of PSAB and professional ethics
- Knowledge of MIS/Great Plain/Quadrant will be an asset
- Strong report writing and spreadsheet skills
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- High proficiency in various computer skills such as Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- 2 to 3 years' experience working in the Accounting field, preferable in the Healthcare sector
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham, Ontario. There may be requirement for occasional travel to other sites across the Central LHIN.
For more information on the Central LHIN, visit centrallhin.on.ca. Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.