JOB TITLE: Business Intelligence Specialist
START DATE: October 2018
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Business Intelligence
DEPARTMENT: Decision Support
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
The Business Intelligence team works in partnership with TC-LHIN staff at all levels. The team maintains in-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies and priorities to develop reporting tools that help enable quality decision making.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Business Intelligence, the senior level requirements of the Business Intelligence Specialist will bridge the technical world with the needs of the business by acting as an internal consultant who can answer challenging questions using their data expertise and technical know-how.
- Think about issues from a business perspective with demonstrated ability to develop value added reports
- Interpret and analyze customer needs into data requirements
- Work with business leadership to provide analytical insight
- Develop tools and processes to report on business performance
- Develop interactive dashboard, reports, and analysis template
- Extract and manipulate data from multiple sources to conduct complex analyses
- Provide end user training and support
- Develop and execute predictive data models and apply machine learning skills
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Health Administration, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Solid knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts and tools, report development, data warehousing, data modeling and data mining
- Strong knowledge of building reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Knowledge of SSIS and SSAS an asset.
- Experience with MS Power BI, SharePoint and PerformancePoint
- Ability to query data using SQL
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot Tables), MS Access and VBA
- Advanced understanding of relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server, in particular.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working within healthcare an asset
- Working knowledge of the following datasets preferred but not required: CHRIS, RM&R, RAI
Interested applicants are encourage to apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process