About this role
Are you a seasoned Business and Financial Analyst who is seeking a dynamic new opportunity? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with an innovative, diverse team of professionals? Bring your financial analytical expertise to this exciting regular full-time Financial/ Funding Analyst role with the Central West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
Reporting to the Manager, Funding and Allocation, the Financial/ Funding Analyst is responsible for administering, monitoring and evaluating the performance and funding of health service providers across Central West LHIN: with key focus on hospitals. The position assists with sector-specific analysis/ negotiation of accountability agreements with Health Service Providers (HSP) and decision support services.
This role will collaborate with various LHIN teams to implement and evaluate Health System Funding Reform (HSFR) initiatives – Health Based Allocation Model and Quality Based Procedures (HBAM and QBP). The Business/Financial Analyst will support integration and change management across the organization and across the LHIN, including application of the HSFR in support of Health Service Provider (HSP) change management.
- Harness data, knowledge, and relationships within and outside the LHIN to support internal decision-making including the development, production, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of reports to assess performance and funding relative to plans, inclusive of the impacts related to both HBAM and HSFR funding formulas.
- Carry out activities related to performance measurement, performance management and funding designed to promote effective monitoring of accountability agreements and to link dollars to results.
- Support the negotiation of accountability agreements with selected groups of health service providers through the analysis of performance, financial and clinical data.
- Support activities to allocate funds to health service providers through appropriate analysis and consultation with stakeholder groups.
- Key staff resource responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of quarterly health service provider performance reporting.
- Post-secondary or master’s degree in health administration, health planning, business administration, finance or a relevant field.
- Professional accounting designation – CPA highly desired.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five years finance experience in an Ontario hospital combined with decision support experience or with a solid understanding of healthcare statistical indicators or equal combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Ontario health system and of the Central West LHIN within the context of the larger health system.
- Hands on experience in performance management and evaluation techniques in financial, administrative, or clinical performance.
- Relevant experience in negotiation of agreements.
- Demonstrated experience with operational or strategic decision-making related to program funding including review of project proposals.
- Superior understanding of provincial funding models in use across one or more health-care sectors and familiarity with government financial processes, accounting, policies and standards.
- Understanding of population health status and health service datasets and information sources, e.g. Provincial Health Planning Database, CIHI, ICE.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills as well as evidence of ability to promote and maintain interpersonal relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Significant experience in hospital finance and data analysis and knowledge of operations, strongly desired.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Knowledge of change management models/processes.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, to work effectively with other staff, and to liaise with colleagues across LHINs and with contacts in the ministry.
- Must be highly organized and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
Who We Are:
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity and home to over 922,000 local residents, the Central West LHIN plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Through the recently passed Patients First Act, LHINs are also now responsible for the delivery of home and community care services and primary care planning, resulting in a better experience for both patients and those who care for them.
Employees at the Central West LHIN enjoy a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization, including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
How to Apply:
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line at http://lhinjobs.ca/.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.