JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
START DATE: August 2018
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Home and Community Care
DEPARTMENT: Home and Community Care
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
We are currently looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to complement our team and make a difference in the lives of our clients. Reporting to a Director, Home and Community Care this position is responsible for providing administrative support to an assigned team, to ensure quality client-focused services are delivered.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls from clients and other parties; provides information to external and internal requests; directs callers to appropriate staff; takes and relays messages
- Respond to basic client enquiries and escalate complex client enquiries to appropriate parties to ensure client satisfaction
- Prepares documents (e.g., correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, policies and procedures, etc.) using a variety of software programs (e.g., presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains appropriate departmental files, both manual and computerized; maintains reference materials for the department (including internal/ external circulation lists), researches and compiles information as requested
- Receives, reviews and prioritizes incoming mail and faxes, screens time-sensitive or confidential correspondence, sorts and distributes to department staff, prepares and signs routine correspondence.
- Manages calendar of Manager/ Director by scheduling meetings, making adjustments as necessary based on changing needs and priorities
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements, and prepares relevant claims forms for reimbursement
- Arranges meeting rooms, equipment and room set up as required; distribution of agendas and information materials; follow up on action items as instructed.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff and ensures all necessary supplies and equipment are requested, delivered and/or setup
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Completion of post-secondary education in administrative studies or equivalent years of experience in an office setting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of general office administrative processes, methods and techniques acquired through a minimum of two years experience.
- General understanding of Toronto Central LHIN business objectives and priorities
- Good knowledge of divisional objectives and priorities
- Good knowledge of Toronto Central LHIN administrative practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, with proven skills in organization and time management.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Superior oral and written communication and proofreading skills.
- Advanced key boarding skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio etc.); advanced knowledge of internet searching and navigating; Ability to work with Toronto Central LHIN-specific databases and find and retrieve information on the Intranet
- English/French bilingual would be an asset.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process