We are currently recruiting a Senior Lead, Performance
Competition #: FY1819-034
Date Posted: July 25, 2018
Date Closed: Until Filled
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Manager, Health System Performance
Category: Temporary Full-time
Team: Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management
Current primary assigned location: 700 Dorval Drive, Oakville
Reporting to the Manager, Health System Performance, the Senior Lead will work in a fast paced and demanding environment as part of a dynamic performance team. The Senior Lead role will be to ensure the delivery of a high quality, evidence based, responsive, integrated and patient/client centred agenda that is successfully implemented and sustained through the provision of performance analysis, business metrics, project management and communication facilitation amongst and between Health Service Providers and the MH LHIN. This will be carried out within a defined portfolio of health service providers including Community Support Services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as the principal contact with health service providers (HSPs) on a day-to-day basis building strong and supportive relationships as well as in-depth understanding of the programs and services in order to provide oversight of performance and service delivery
- Establish and manage clear lines of communication with HSPs ensuring their identification of all risks (performance, financial and other) to the LHIN
- Identify and facilitate the implementation of performance specifications, indicators and outcomes as well as the collection of same
- Review monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, investigate variances from performance corridors (volumes, clients served, service levels, targets, etc) initiating discussions with HSPs wherever required
- Source and analyze performance based data from a variety of areas in order to advise, facilitate, implement and evaluate performance standards and target acquisition in the delivery of health services in the LHIN
- Participate and/or lead sector specific committees/work groups to facilitate the advancement of the LHIN local health system performance
- Facilitate the implementation of specialized programs and services that advances health system performance in the delivery of services
- Identify and facilitate the implementation of integration activities with health service provider programs and services focused on acquiring greater efficiencies and effectiveness
- Identify and facilitate the implementation of evidence-based/best practice adoption
- Support negotiation, preparation and completion of service accountability agreements and multi-year funding targets for HSPs as well as play a key role in the development of related policies, procedures and/or strategies for performance management which set clear and achievable performance obligations for HSPs
- Identify, advocate/support, justify and assist completion of annual funding proposals and allocations
- Work with HSPs to enact problem oriented solutions and innovative strategies in the delivery and performance of health services, in-year pressures and issues pertaining to funding, data quality, standards and target achievement
- Embed performance management principles aimed at improving quality and supporting the implementation of the MH LHIN Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP) and Annual Business Plan (ABP)
- Manage and demonstrate progress in the defined portfolio as it relates to the implementation of the LHIN’s priorities
- In conjunction with the Manager, initiate an operational review where fraudulent or grave non-compliance issues are evident
- Provide expert advice to the Manager and Director on defined portfolio specific pressures, issues, etc.
- Participate and contribute knowledge and advice to various inter-LHIN and/or MOHLTC groups/committees (eg: Performance Indicators, Wait Times, etc) at the direction of the Manager
- Report on progress, identified risks and related mitigation strategies in the LHIN quarterly, yearly reports as well as those required for the LHIN Board and/or those identified by the Manager
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information and/or direction to HSPs in response to the public’s questions.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Master’s degree in health administration, business administration, or relevant field
- Five (5) or more years of health system level, or cross-sectoral experience within healthcare supporting strategic initiatives, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Financial experience must be relevant to handling accounts over $100 million
- Excellent understanding of Ontario’s health-care system, its key priorities and trends and the role of the LHIN
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1819-034 via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.