Bring your expertise in risk management and quality improvement to this regular full-time role as a Risk Management Associate for the Central West LHIN.
Under the direction of the Direction, Quality and Risk Management, this position will manage the processes to support the performance review of patient critical incidents and complaints and support the daily administration of the Event Tracking Management System (ETMS) and the Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada HIROC’s Integrated Risk Register and Enterprise Risk Management program.
Enterprise Risk Management Program
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of the Enterprise Risk register and internal and external reporting processes.
- Assesses the risk culture and develops an annual plan to build risk awareness and capacity in all aspects of the LHIN business functions.
- Prepares and presents customized quarterly ERM reports to Senior Management.
Event Tracking Management System (ETMS)
- Establishes and maintains a full suite for reports on ETMS Occurrences and Risk Register profile, customized to meet stakeholder needs at all levels of Central West LHIN.
- Reviews and assesses the online patient incident and complaints reports on an ongoing daily basis.
- Maintains and ensures user profiles are up to date for ETMS and HIROC Risk Register.
- Responds to routine inquiries from other departments, clients, service provider agencies and other external sources related to ETMS and HIROC Risk Register systems.
- Participates in survey processes including distribution, data collection and telephone interviews as required. (e.g., Survey Monkey )
- Prepares, proofreads, and distributes letters, reports, and other material related to ETMS incidents and complaints and Risk Register processes as required.
- Establishes and maintains a secure filing system for all proprietary information related to claims management, contracts, etc.
- Works closely with Patient Experience staff in order to embed the organization’s Patients Complaints and Procedures Policy.
- Participates in the design and ensures the maintenance of the electronic filing systems, specifically for the Complaints and Risk events communicated to the Service Providers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates all aspects of meetings related to the ETMS and Risk Register business processes.
Quality of Care Review Process
Establishes and maintain a corporate compendium of action plans following Quality of Care Reviews in response to an adverse event. This will include tracking the status and completion of recommendations arising from these reviews and documented verification of disclosure.
Coordinates and facilitates all aspects of meetings related to Quality of Care reviews. Including the use of Root Cause Analysis, Constellation mapping, etc.
Coaches Central West LHIN managers and staff and Service Provider Organizations (SPOs) on the process to conduct reviews and effectively manage the incident review process.
Audits statistical reports for accuracy and completeness and distributes the information as per established schedules.
Works closely with Patient Experience staff to prepare and present regular patient complaints analysis and reports according to the established schedule.
- Prepares customized Patient Safety and Enterprise Risk Management reports for departmental, corporate and board level decision making and planning purposes.
- Prepare quarterly ETMS reports for Service Provider Performance Reviews in consultation with the Contracts Department
- Designs, develops, delivers and evaluates a comprehensive education program in order to develop a risk aware culture at Central West LHIN.
- Provides ongoing coaching and just-in-time training for Central West LHIN staff and Services Provider organizations as the need arises.
- Ensure full compliance with provisions under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Risk Management, Quality Improvement, Patient Safety, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three year’s job related experience in risk management, quality improvement, or coordinator/ team leader position in a health environment.
- Supplementary training / certification in Quality Improvement, Patient Safety, Patient Experience and Project Management.
- Risk Management certification would be an asset.
- Advanced proficiency with a variety of software applications (MS Word, MS Access, Excel, Windows Explorer, and PowerPoint, Visio).
- Proficiency in the use of a range of risk management tools, including Risk Assessment, Heat Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Constellation Mapping, Failure More and Effect Analysis, etc.
- Understanding of principles of risk management, quality improvement, change management, basic statistics and adult education.
- Experience in preparing statistical reports.
- Experience working with Event Tracking Management System (ETMS) or equivalent is an asset.
Who We Are:
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity and home to over 922,000 local residents, the Central West LHIN plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Through the recently passed Patients First Act, LHINs are also now responsible for the delivery of home and community care services and primary care planning, resulting in a better experience for both patients and those who care for them.
Employees at the Central West LHIN enjoy a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization, including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
How to Apply:
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line at http://lhinjobs.ca/.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.