We are currently recruiting a Manager, Sub Region Planning & Integration
Competition Number: FY1819-014
Date Posted: June 18, 2018
Date Closed: until filled
Portfolio: Health System Strategy, Integration and Planning
Department: Strategy, Integration and Planning
Team: Health System Planning, Integration and Development
Reports To: Director, Strategy, Integration & Planning
Category: Permanent Full-Time
Primary Assigned Location: Mississauga – 2655 North Sheridan Way
Reporting to the Director, Strategy, Integration & Planning, the Manager, Sub Region Planning, and Integration provides leadership and oversight to a team of strategy and planning professionals that provide health system planning to support all portfolios and work together to effectively integrate and align the implementation of transformational strategic initiatives in support of a patient-centered health system within the region. This position provides oversight to the planning and integration processes that support the implementation of a local integrated health system, including the development of Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP), the strategy, planning and implementation of Health Links/sub-region initiatives, and ensuring appropriate resourcing across portfolios and internal/external alignment. This position develops and implements portfolio and project management best practice, inclusive of practices, tools, processes and methodologies to support planning of strategic projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Health System Planning, Integration and Development
- Supports and/or leads priority planning and integration efforts in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in support of the development of a high performing, local integrated health system.
- Partners and works closely with Clinical, Home and Community Care and Regional Programs portfolios and system partners to ensure alignment and linkages across sub-regions, regional programming and local planning; engages support portfolios to ensure appropriate resourcing and internal/external alignment.
- Supports environmental scans of the MH LHIN resulting in an assessment of external environmental factors that impact the LHIN to inform the development of Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP).
- Embeds a health equity and patient-family lens throughout all planning and development activities.
- Engages with French Language Services, Indigenous and Health Equity lead, to identify and maintain awareness of marginalized populations and their respective challenges. Incorporates into health system planning, integration and development activities.
- Identifies planning and development opportunities for the MH LHIN through a solid awareness and understanding not only of local needs but also innovative best practice strategies/approaches utilized in other jurisdictions.
- Employs project management best practices and ensures knowledge transfer of the same throughout the team
- Develops and strengthens effective collaboration and relationships with LHIN –funded Health Service Providers (HSPs) and system partners, including non-traditional and cross-sectoral stakeholders.
- Establishes and strengthens cross-sector partnerships to develop shared goals in support of positive outcomes.
- Consults with LHIN teams to understand information requirements and determine the best data sources and analysis to support planning, decision-making, capacity planning, performance improvement.
- Works with LHIN colleagues and system partners to identify and develop opportunities that promote integration and seamless healthcare delivery for patients, and which transform the regional health system.
- Provides oversight and/or leads tests of change, evaluations and designated initiatives and innovations that have been identified as high impact opportunities for scoping and development. Collaborates closely with portfolio leadership and teams to transition planning and development initiatives to operational/implementation phase appropriately under Regional Programs, HCC and Clinical as the initiative moves to sustainability phase.
Health Link/Sub-Region Planning and Development
- Provides leadership to the strategic development, implementation, evaluation and integration of identified Health Links/sub-region initiatives with broad community engagement.
- Provides oversight to the development of the Health System Planning, Integration and Development Team and associated workplan, leveraging the learning from local, regional and provincial Health Link/sub-region activities to build community capacity as the team:
- Supports Home and Community Care, Clinical portfolios and community stakeholders on capacity-development initiatives to improve patient outcomes and experience, and develop the region’s system of care for patients with complex needs.
- Identifies opportunities to align and leverage LHIN, and regional initiatives, and facilitates linking, expanding, or enhancing existing initiatives that align with the development of a system of care for complex patients.
- Works with community partners to develop and implement the annual work plan.
- Works with HCC and Clinical and community partners to identify key opportunities for expanded integration of Home and Community Care and primary care engagement efforts into sub-regions.
- Ensures strong engagement of key stakeholders at key decision points across all program components; reports on progress to committees/subgroups, linking information between committees to facilitate informed decision-making; receives, provides and acts upon strategic advice and guidance that will enhance the success of Health Links/sub-region efforts.
- Identifies gaps and opportunities through high-quality planning, research and analysis of data, and proposes recommendations for action.
- Partners with Decision Support to monitor, review and analyze performance indicators in targeted HQO program areas with follow through to Health Link/sub-region leads (HCC and Clinical Leads), and other stakeholders, making changes in the Health Links regional strategy as required
- Takes the leadership role and/or participates on organizational and system-level committees related to new or enhanced program components/initiatives.
Quality Improvement Application
- In collaboration with the Quality Team, identifies and supports the most appropriate Quality Improvement Framework for Health Links/sub-regions to implement quality improvement principles, methodologies and tools in support of priorities, coaching team members and ensuring a QI lens within the integrated workplan comprised of local and regional initiatives. (These can include but are not limited to Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) or Rapid Cycle Improvement model, Experience Based Design, LEAN methodology and Six Sigma methodology.)
- Contributes to the development of customized tools and products to translate knowledge to practice, collaborating with cross-departmental colleagues to support evidence based content development
- Works with Health System Planning, Integration and Development Team and community partner organizations in building their capacity to implement QI within measurement and change management projects, to ensure effective performance and organizational success.
- Supports definition of key QI goals and metrics and help implement QI principles and methods within performance tracking and reporting, including coordinating data management (development, tracking, analysis and report development).
- Supports engagement of patients, caregivers and stakeholders, either through interviews or focus groups, in an effort to better understand the experiences of both patients and care givers.
- Liaise with Health Quality Ontario (HQO) for Health Links/sub-regions
- Leads a team comprised of performance management consultants and project managers, establishing a positive culture in which innovation, strategy expertise and “leadership at all levels” are recognized within all team members and have expression.
- Supports the Strategy Management Office team to participate in the development and successful implementation of annual priorities in alignment with the organizational priorities, and to implement and monitor tools and processes that enable the delivery of high quality and safe services.
- Reviews, assesses and/or recommends policy, procedures and/or programs that best meet the needs of the organization
- Provides advice on departmental issues and challenges to both senior management and/or Mississauga Halton LHIN employees
- Provides leadership to designated work groups, programs and/or committees as required, within the Mississauga Halton LHIN organization and with health system partners.
- Takes all reasonable precautions for the protection of workers and abides by all other supervisory level duties in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Strives to meet or exceed all accountabilities in the Operational Leadership Role Map®
- Demonstrates capabilities aligned with the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Development Framework
- At the request of the Director, serves as Acting Director during Director’s planned absences
- Strong relationship management skills, including engaging, communicating with and collaborating with internal stakeholders and health system partners
- Establishes informal leadership and strategy management expertise within Mississauga Halton LHIN, for the purpose of knowledge transfer, coaching on best practices and an integrated approach/alignment.
- Represents Mississauga Halton LHIN in conferences and meetings
- Collaborates with stakeholders in the implementation of initiatives, plans and programs
- Employs consensus building skills to ensure the most beneficial outcomes to the department
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization to ensure the most effective services are provided
- Models and coaches to sensitivity and political acuity in all interactions
Management of Human Resources
- Cultivates an environment that retains and attracts exceptional people and that supports life-long learning
- Provides leadership to all team members and manages in a manner that motivates, guides and directs employees to the realization of Mississauga Halton LHIN values, objectives and performance expectations; maintains a work environment that promotes participation, team work and positive employee relations
- Oversees staff orientation, learning and development plans and ensures accordance to Mississauga Halton LHIN policy, procedure and guidelines and that the team member has the requisite knowledge to undertake their specific duties
- Oversees timely recruitment, performance evaluation, coaching, discipline and termination where necessary are according to Human Resources policy and within the context of collective agreement(s)
- Empowers team members to harness their leadership potential and develop their expertise
- Recognizes innovation, results and excellence in their team members
- Manages the effective and efficient distribution and utilization of team members based on the established productivity levels, team goals and guidelines
- Leads regular team meetings to set goals and monitor department performance and engages the team in successful accomplishment of goals
- Holds people accountable to standards of performance including conducting annual performance appraisals that support staff in establishing and attaining performance goals
- Manages attendance according to policy
Education, Training & Experience:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Health Care, Business Administration or related field; a Master’s degree is an asset
- Five (5) to seven (7) years healthcare and/or quality improvement related experience; with minimum two (2) years of experience in a management role (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Three (3) years of experience in the direct application of strategic planning, health program development, quality improvement principles, methodologies and tools, with experience in project management, change management and stakeholder management
- Experience and working knowledge planning and implementing strategic initiatives in community and health care environments
- Experience in stakeholder management, partnership and relationship building skills to initiate and nurture strong working relationships
- Experience in the development and roll out of new methods, approaches or procedures/change management
- Experience in regional program design, development and evaluation, regional program implementation, health system planning and project management
- Excellent organizational, negotiating, and problem solving skills
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1819-014 via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.