JOB TITLE: Business Intelligence Specialist
START DATE: July 2018
DURATION: Full time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Business Intelligence
DEPARTMENT: Decision Support
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
The Business Intelligence team works in partnership with Toronto Central LHIN staff at all levels. The team maintains in-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies and priorities to develop reporting tools that help enable quality decision making.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Specialist will bridge the technical world with the needs of the business by acting as an internal consultant who can answer challenging questions using their data expertise and technical know-how. The ideal candidate will:
- Think about issues from a business perspective with demonstrated ability to develop value added reports
- Interpret and analyze customer needs into data requirements
- Support and improve business intelligence and analytics visualizations using best practices for clear data-driven insights.
- Work with business leadership to provide analytical insight
- Develop tools and processes to report on business performance
- Develop interactive dashboard, reports, and analysis template
- Extract and manipulate data from multiple sources to conduct complex analyses
- Provide end user training and support
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Health Administration, Engineering or related field
Experience and functional competencies:
- Solid knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts and tools, report development, data warehousing, data modeling and data mining
- Strong knowledge of building reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience working with SSIS and SSAS.
- Experience with SharePoint and Power BI
- Ability to query data using SQL
- Knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot Tables), MS Access and VBA
- Advanced understanding of relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server, in particular.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Previous experience working within healthcare an asset
- Working knowledge of key health system datasets preferred but not required. Examples include: CHRIS, RM&R, RAI, IntelliHealth Ontario, iPort, CIHI Portal
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process