JOB TITLE: Consultant
START DATE: May 2018
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Health Analytics and Innovation
DEPARTMENT: Performance Management and Accountability
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN, 425 Bloor St. East, Toronto
The position reports directly to the Director, Health Analytics and Innovation and is accountable for working with the Digital Health Lead for delivering information management (IM) planning, projects and coordination of key initiatives across the Toronto Central LHIN and its providers. The consultant’s portfolio will include transformational health system knowledge management in alignment with key digital health priorities that will benefit Health Service Providers in our LHIN and advance the use of information to guide decision making, not just for the organization but for all partners.
- Provides leadership to information management, knowledge management, and digital technology projects that are of a complex nature, and ensures business objectives are met or exceeded. Manages the development and implementation of project plans, project charters, project team structures, risk mitigation strategies, change and communications plans, and processes and tools for the effective management and execution of projects within the portfolio.
- Provides direction and contributes to HSP and partner initiatives to ensure collaborative projects with multiple stakeholders meet organization requirements and attain expected benefits with in anticipated timeframe.
- Supports various initiatives as a Key member of TC LHIN project teams providing stakeholder engagement and facilitation support, analytics, or project coordination on (but not limited to) business/health system intelligence, digital health, quality, and community capacity portfolios
- Collaborates with management and other staff to develop and implement information and knowledge management strategies and systems that support LHIN and provincia priorities.
- Provide sophisticated and clear business analysis to assigned initiatives through development or consultation on business requirements, work flows, data models, governance and permissions structures, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensures alignment with TC LHIN and provincial strategies using evidence-based decision making tools and methodologies.
- Assists in supporting operational activities that may include: analysis to support decisions related to funding, facilitate collection of data from health service providers, performance data analysis and other information-based ad-hoc requests
- Develops reports, briefing notes, presentations, formal correspondence, and other materials. Performs other administrative duties as assigned related to above areas.
- Promotes the LHIN’s work through activities such as participation on external committees or at external forum
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree in Health Informatics, Business Management, Engineering, Health Administration, Epidemiology or a related field, preferably with a Masters in Health Informatics, Administration or Knowledge Management
- Three to five of experience in a healthcare IM/IT project management or healthcare project management environment including delivery of information technology systems
- Highly solutions focused, able to make recommendations based on all available knowledge and move initiatives forward through leadership, stakeholder relations and consensus building, weighing benefits and risks of multiple options
- Proven ability to build consensus with groups who have varied and potentially conflicting standpoints
- Good knowledge of data and information management practices, tools, and methodology. Practiced in process and quality improvement, business analysis and project management tools and methodologies an asset
- Knowledge of IM/IT health care standards and policies such as privacy legislation, data sharing agreements desirable. Experience with database projects and/or business intelligence
- Understanding of data modeling, predictive analytics, information visualization, and artificial intelligence an asset
- Highly proficient with MS Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of local health issues, priorities and needs. Clear understanding of the broader trends in health care policy and system development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues across teams
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please visit our website at www.lhinjobs.ca and apply online.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process