Job # 2018‑1720
The Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), a Crown Agency of the Province of Ontario, is responsible for planning, funding, integrating health services and delivering home and community care services for over 1.8 million people living in northern Toronto, parts of Etobicoke, York Region and South Simcoe County. The LHIN provides over $2 billion in funding to more than 90 health service providers, including hospitals, long-term care homes, community health centres, mental health and addiction service providers and community support services.
To provide executive and coordinated support to the Office of the CEO for key corporate functions.
- To deliver high quality work products through executive administrative support to the CEO.
- Coordinates administrative functions for the Office of the CEO, including the establishment of internal protocols, tracking systems and administrative policies and procedures for the office.
- Manages office logistics for meetings, including invitations, minute-taking, location setup, catering requirements or teleconference support.
- Monitors and organizes CEOs email, calendar and ensure proper preparation prior to scheduled meetings.
- Responsible to be a positive ambassador for the Office of the CEO through establishing/maintaining effective working relationships with members of the LHIN team, government officials, stakeholders, other LHIN corporate offices, the Ministry, etc.
- Monitors incoming correspondence, Ministry requests and e-Mails to ensure the Office of the CEO is made aware of issues and follows-up on such requests.
- Responsible for assigning requests and issues from Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) to VPs and other staff on behalf of the Office of the CEO.
- Ensures that the Office of the CEO is updated on status of requests and issues on deliverables.
- Conducts research, prepares notes and or status reports, as needed.
- Monitors CEO and Board Chair’s correspondence and supports the Office of the CEO to be properly briefed on all significant matters arising within the LHIN.
- Responsible for maintaining the Office of the CEO files, including all correspondence, information and governance files.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting logistics, including facilitating external procurements to support strategic engagements, e.g. LHIN Leadership Council.
- Liaises as necessary with representatives of the Ministry to respond to questions and resolve problems.
- Works with the Senior Team and other administrative staff to assist with completion of initiatives identified by the CEO and to support the Corporate Relations Officer.
- Ensures the Office of the CEO is properly briefed on all significant matters arising within the LHIN
a) Deals with contentious matters, high-level issues, callers and visitors, as needed.
b) Maintains confidentiality appropriate to the Office of the CEO.
c) Is a resource to staff.
Other duties as assigned.
At least 5 years of experience in health care or relevant environment such as experience in a high level senior administrative role (preferably public sector).
Post-secondary education in health, business, social sciences or related disciplines/undergraduate degree.
- Ability to lead initiatives through to execution
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with highly sensitive issues with tact and discretion
- Strong comprehension and thorough understanding of the health care system
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management skills combined with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet high demands and timelines
- Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations
- Advanced business writing skills
- Excellent communication skills – listening, verbal, writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships and linkages
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Exceptional skills with PC-based hardware/software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and inter/intranets
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Interpersonal Contacts: Internally, communicates with employees throughout the organization discuss information and problems related to undertaking the priority setting analysis and health planning functions. Externally, communicates directly with various stakeholders to obtain and exchange the information required by the planning group to perform their analytical work, and discuss specific needs, priorities and integration plans and initiatives.
- Level of Responsibility: The position provides a critical support role in the modeling, sustainable improvement, priority-setting analysis and health planning and integration. Works closely with the Senior Management Team and other team members to review and discuss issues and determine priorities.
- Decision-Making Authority: The position undertakes the analytical work required to determine and support key decisions related to priority setting and health planning and integration.
- Physical and Sensory Demands: Minimal demands typical of a professional position in an office environment.
- Working Environment: Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions associated with a professional position within an office environment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, in confidence, by Friday, April 20, 2018, to HRCentral@LHINS.on.ca, quoting Job # 2018‑1720 in the subject line.
This position is located at the Central LHIN headquarters in Markham, Ontario. There may be requirement for occasional travel to other sites across the Central LHIN.
For more information on the Central LHIN, visit centrallhin.on.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.