We are currently seeking a Facilities Clerk
Competition # FY1718-248
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Manager, Facilities
Category: Permanent Full-time
Current primary assigned location: Etobicoke - 401 The West Mall, Ste 1001
May be required to work at one of our other sites from time to time and must be able to travel there on short notice.
The primary focus of this position is to provide customer and administrative service in areas including reception, mail/courier receipt and distribution, ordering, maintaining and distributing of office stationery and supplies, equipment monitoring, room bookings and room set up, maintenance of meeting rooms, servery areas and security controls.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Acts as the initial contact for visitors, couriers, deliveries
- Delivers positive customer service by responding to inquiries and resolving questions from visitors and staff
- Inventories, orders, stocks, monitors and distributes a wide range of supplies (i.e. office supplies, kitchen supplies, small equipment, printed materials, forms, etc.)
- Organizes the incoming and outgoing movement of mail and courier deliveries
- Delivers and collects mail internally
- Maintains several front line security controls. Responsible for tracking and reporting concerns (Visitors sign in /sign out log, Visitor tags, Access/Photo ID Cards, Lost and Found log)
- Books internal and external meetings and provides confirmation for external meetings via meeting tool/email
- Responsible for the set up and dismantling of meeting rooms as per the meeting requirements, including moving and lifting of furniture (e.g., tables, chairs)
- Daily maintenance/tidy-up/stocking supplies for meeting rooms as required
- Maintains kitchen servery areas in a clean and tidy state including loading, unloading of dishwashers, cleaning of refrigerators, microwaves, coffee urns, etc.
- Maintains purchase order control numbers, processes purchase requisitions and purchase orders, reconciles packing slips and invoices
- Performs first line problem solving when office equipment is not functioning. Escalates or makes service call if unable to resolve issue
- Community College Diploma or equivalent in office administration, business or computer applications
- Office experience – 1-3 years. Previous experience in a similar or related work environment
- Demonstrated customer service and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong data entry skills
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook – Intermediate skill level
- Familiar with office equipment – experience with 1st level problem solving
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and focus and work with numerous interruptions in a fast-paced, sometimes hectic environment
- This position requires occasional extensive lifting (maximum 40 lbs.), and regular daily moving of chairs, tables and/or supply boxes, etc. throughout the day.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition #FY1718-248 via the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.