Central Local Health Integration Network (CLHIN)
Caring Communities, Healthier People
Formerly known as Central Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Central LHIN is a proud recipient of a Gold Quality Healthcare Workplace Award for 2015, and one of the GTA’s Top Employers for 2017. The LHIN works with local health service providers and communities to design real-life solutions that improve access to care, better coordinate services and improve people’s experience with the health care system.
The Financial Analyst – Family Managed Home Care Program performs a number of financial, accounting, and analytical duties in order to ensure that clients using the Self-Directed Care (“SDC”) model receive prompt reimbursement for services that are compliant with the SDC Funding Agreement and the relevant policies and directives of the Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
Location: This position will be based at our Head Office in Markham, ON.
The following outlines the specific duties and responsibilities of the Financial Analyst – Family Managed Home Care Program:
- Reviews relevant schedules of the SDC Funding Agreement for each client to ensure understanding of different requirements.
- Reviews approved SDC budget plan for each client to make certain information is complete and accurate.
- Interacts directly with client/SDM in order to maintain regular communication to those in receipt of funds.
- Ensures that regular payments are processed as per the funding agreement and the SDC budget.
- Ensures that the LHIN only provides SDC funding to the Client or Substitute Decision-Maker (“SDM”) for eligible expense incurred during a particular time period, based on invoices that are received, reviewed, and approved by the LHIN in relation to that time period.
- Probes into anomalies and other inconsistencies and escalates issues on a proactive basis.
- Notifies management staff of error trends/issues where appropriate.
- Reviews reports validating that the Client or SDM only uses SDC funding to pay for SDC Service Providers, equipment, and diagnostic/laboratory services in accordance with the requirements under the SDC Program Specifications and the SDC Template Agreement.
- Develops and submits required financial and statistical reports to various internal and external stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (“MOHLTC”).
- Reconciles payments to SDC clients based on invoices and receipts received, reviewed and approved by the LHIN.
- Ensures that all payments are tracked and accounted for and proper signature authorization is obtained for release of payment.
- Verifies that the processing of payments and distribution of cheques complies with the payment terms and timelines established by the SDC Funding Agreement and the relevant policies and directives of the LHIN.
- Monitors cost reports submitted by the Client and follows up for any exceptions.
- Implements and monitors processes in Accounts Payable and Client Health Record Information System (“CHRIS”) billing suspension areas related to SDC funding plans.
- Participates in the ongoing development and quality improvement of the Accounts Payable/billing suspension processes.
- Tracks accruals regarding outstanding invoices for month-end and year-end.
- Maintains detailed filing system for audit and is compliant with the records management policy of the organization.
- Assists with training/orientation of new Finance staff to the SDC program
- Serves as back-up for other Finance staff in SDC on vacation/sick leave.
- Participates in special projects/committees and analysis as assigned.
- Completes the investigation and reconciliation of rejected billings from Service Providers and
- forwards results of investigations.
- Liaises with other departments as required to resolve issues.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the SDC financial process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a financial, accounting and/or analytical role preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications like Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of CHRIS billings, Great Plains, Integration Manager systems a definite asset.
- Ability to assimilate MIS compliant information into General Ledger.
- Inquisitive mindset with proven ability to probe for information, ask questions, and escalate issues when needed.
- Diligent and thorough with utmost focus on data integrity and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to organize/prioritize daily workload in the presence of frequent interruptions.
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with Service Provider Agencies, suppliers, hospitals, and staff at all levels including Management.
- Well-developed communication skills required to work in a team environment and with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment with frequent changes and interruptions.
- Self-starter with commitment to learning.
- Client-driven focus to ensure a direct line of sight to those who will be in receipt of funds.
- Strong customer service/follow-up orientation.
- Ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues, exercising diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a sound knowledge of the English language to facilitate effective communication with all levels of LHIN staff.
- Bilingualism in French is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and Service Providers.
More information on the Central LHIN may be found at www.centrallhin.on.ca. Job opportunities may be found at www.LHINjobs.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.