We are amid a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move towards a better connected system that creates more seamless care for patients. The Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is pivotal in this process. Entrusted through our provincial mandate to plan, fund, integrate and deliver health care across our region, we are finding better ways to provide services to the 1.2 million people in our communities through the stewardship of approximately $1.6 billion of public funds allocated to our health service providers and the delivery of high quality home and community care.
If you would like to make a fundamental difference, we invite you to bring your passion and knowledge to the Mississauga Halton LHIN. Join our dynamic team transforming the local health care system.
We are currently recruiting a Manager, Health System Performance
Competition Number: FY1718-157
Date Posted: March 12, 2018
Date Closed: Until Filled
Portfolio: Finance, Performance and Corporate Services
Department: Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management
Team: Health System Performance
Reports To: Director, Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management
Category: Permanent Full-Time
Primary Assigned Location: Oakville – 700 Dorval Drive, Ste 500
Reporting to the Director, Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management, the Manager, Health System Performance is accountable for providing expert advice, support, action, project coordination and quality improvement for service delivery through the service accountability agreements of the Mississauga Halton LHIN (MH LHIN). In collaboration with leadership teams, the incumbent is entrusted to provide proactive leadership for the delivery of a high quality, responsive and integrated agenda that is successfully implemented and sustained through the provision of performance analysis, business metrics, project management and communication facilitation amongst and between Health Service Providers and the MH LHIN.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key liaison for all MH LHIN departments regarding health service provider relationships and service accountability agreement implications
- Provides advice and subject matter expertise to stakeholders within MH LHIN (across portfolios) and with health system partners, including with Ministries, on health system performance matters and legislative areas specific to the assigned area of focus to strategically advance the health system through a performance lens in our LHIN
- Ability to effectively develop and foster trust-based collaborative partnerships with stakeholders/health service providers to negotiate/obtain action to advance the integrated health system delivery
- Actively problem solve in day to day operations of the health system: managing relations with the LHIN’s health service providers; maintaining relationships; managing communication; coordinating within and across LHINs, health service providers and other affected stakeholders in emergency situations;
- In conjunction with the Director, setting and monitoring organization and system level performance
- Oversee, lead, and manage the Health System Performance team in conjunction with the direction established in partnership with the Director, Health System Performance, Funding and Contract Management
- Work as part of the MH LHIN team for all Capital Planning
- Work collaboratively with Decision support to identify ongoing changes and implications for health system performance and reporting
- Determine the need for and lead an assessment/review where grave non-compliance or significant issues of performance are evident by proactively identifying and problem-solving/resolving issues
- Develop a detailed and comprehensive work plan to guide activities and set out timeframes for the on-time completion of related initiatives
- Provide project coordination by engaging MH LHIN business units to ensure projects and initiatives are effectively managed with the appropriate tools, documentation, monitoring and escalation procedures as appropriate, including ensuring that all auditor general requirements are met, where appropriate and within span of control.
- Suggest mitigation strategies and recommendations for projects not meeting, or at risk of not meeting, objectives.
- Provide input on future investment/reallocation decisions with recommendations regarding funding through the evaluation of the mix of investments across MH LHIN priority areas. Contributes to and anticipates outcomes of LHIN investments and stakeholder commitments (e.g. Annual Business Plan, Ministry LHIN Accountability Agreement, Integrated Health Service Plan)
- In conjunction with other key portfolio across MH LHIN, lead and support evidence-based quality improvement activities; monitor service delivery to measure and improve quality and track performance
- Act as a change agent, including but not limited to, internal projects aimed at corporate process efficiencies, to manage change and transformation in order to create a progressive health care system for the MH LHIN.
- Report on progress to the Director; provide periodic interim reports and recommendations to Sr. Leadership Team as required
- May serve as Acting Director during Director’s planned absences, and is the Emergency Management Communications Tool (EMCT) back up to Director
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Master’s degree in health administration, business administration, or relevant field
- Five (5) or more years of senior health system level, or equivalent management or cross-sectoral experience within healthcare leading or supporting strategic initiatives, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated successful management level experience, preferably in health care settings, obtained over a progressive career
- Demonstrated ability in the area of funding concepts (preferably in the area of health system funding reform) - proven ability to critically analyze data and reports, translating information into key knowledge elements and mastering the knowledge necessary to provide subject matter expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity and to take responsibility for resolving knowledge gaps when working with areas that are not fully developed and require learning
- Demonstrated success in managing change and influencing the performance of varied groups
- Demonstrated experience in leading large scale initiatives aimed at improvement and quality performance
- Excellent understanding of Ontario’s health-care system, its key priorities and trends and the role of the LHIN
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1718-157 via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.