We value acting in the best interest of our residents’ health and well-being
Date: March, 2018
Job Title : Director, Sub-Region Planning and Integration
Reports to: VP, Clinical
The Director, Sub-region Planning and Integration provides leadership for the planning, integration and performance management at the sub-region level. Working closely with the sub-region clinical leads, the Director is responsible for the administrative coordination and management of the sub-region. The Director acts as a resource to the sub-region clinical lead and other stakeholders in the sub-region care community in the assessment of community and population health needs. Working closely with other LHIN and sub-region resources, the Director is responsible for the management of sub-region planning, integration and performance monitoring activities. The Director provides advice to the WWLHIN executive team and staff regarding opportunites to enhance patient and caregiver outcomes and expriences in the sub-region care community.
- Develops strong partnerships and conducts effective stakeholder consultation with and between sub-region stakeholders
- Leads health system planning, integration, coordination, service innovation and quality improvement activities across and between sub-region health care service providers to advance planning, integration and performance priorities and to improve patient/caregiver outcomes and experience
- Analyzes the sub-regional health care system to identify gaps and opportunities, initiating action to address provincial , regional and sub-region strategic priorities.
- Maintains an awareness of current issues in the health care system related to the Integrated Health Service Plan and Annual Business Plan strategic priorities and key result areas with a particular emphasis on sub-region issues related to the implementation of change initiatives.
- Supports the negotiation and allocation of volumes for Quality Based Procedures and Wait Times for the sub-region.
- Coordinates and aligns with sub-regional Clinical and Home and Community Care Leads as well as LHIN subject matter leads to provide leadership and direction for coordinated and targeted health care system funding plans in support of strategically aligned sub-regional activities.
- Post-secondary/Master’s degree in health administration, business administration or related health discipline.
- Canada Health Executive (CHE) designation an asset
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience (or equivalent) in one or more of the following areas: health care planning, system planning, health care service delivery, health research, epidemiology, population health.
- Experience in a health provider setting or service planning entity and knowledge of Ontario health sector and workforce trends within this sector.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitation and negotiation techniques and processes, including experience developing and facilitating large complex sessions involving diverse stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of planning models and approaches. Demonstrated experience in community outreach, consultation or stakeholder management and familiarity with current theory and techniques of community engagement.
- Excellent project management skills including budgeting, planning and communication.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting 18-A-11 before 11:59 p.m. on March 29, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.