Human Resources Business Partner/Senior Consultant
(6 months contract with the possibility of extension)
Reporting to the Director – Human Resources & Organizational Development, this human resources business partner/senior consultant position acts as a resource in the management of human resources and partnering with client groupings within the organization to execute on the delivery of people service. The role is responsible for the ongoing management, planning, implementing, partnering and evaluation of program in all areas of human resources, employee relations services, disability management and health and safety. The consultant is responsible for reviewing current HR policies and programs and developing and implementing new policies and programs to meet the needs of the organization.
• Degree in business administration, labour relations or related discipline from a recognized university.
• CHRM or CHRP designation is preferred.
• Five years progressive human resources experience, including at least three years in a human resources management, supervisor or lead role.
• Experience working in a unionized environment and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of labour relations and union contract administration.
• Demonstrated experience in reviewing current HR policies and developing new policies.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of human resources practices, theories, trends and legislation.
• Knowledge of general management and business administration practices in order to direct operations, manage staff and administer budgets.
• Conflict resolution skills to resolve complaints, dispute and disagreements while maintaining positive working relationships.
• Planning skills, systems thinking and project management skills.
• Developed decision-making, research, creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills to develop solutions and identify appropriate responses to issues or problems in the face of conflicting needs.
• Negotiation skills used in the course of labour and employee relations activities.
• Analytical, mathematical and statistical skills to interpret data identify trends and develop recommendation.
• Team leadership skills to empower staff, elicit input and cooperation, and motivate staff both within the department and across the organization.
• Political awareness in order to identify and respond to issues and to anticipate the likely reaction to statements, proposals, recommendations and situations.
• Superb presentation, verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building abilities.
• Demonstrated written communication skills to draft clear and concise correspondence, collective agreement language and formal reports.
• Demonstrated proficiency with word procession, spreadsheet and database software.
• Demonstrates commitment to the Central West LHIN’s mission and values.
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Who We Are:
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity and home to over 922,000 local residents, the Central West LHIN plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Through the recently passed Patients First Act, LHINs are also now responsible for the delivery of home and community care services and primary care planning, resulting in a better experience for both patients and those who care for them.
Employees at the Central West LHIN enjoy a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization, including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
How to Apply:
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line at http://lhinjobs.ca/.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.