JOB TITLE: Manager, Risk and Outcome
START DATE: February 2018
DURATION: Temporary Full Time until August 2019
REPORTS TO: Director, Quality, Safety and Risk
DEPARTMENT: Quality, Performance and Accountability
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Director, Quality, Safety and Risk, this position is responsible for the creation, oversight, management, and operationalization of policy related to the organization’s enterprise risk management framework. Risk management responsibilities include managing the processes for organizational policy, accreditation, privacy, legal, annual risk audits, adverse event reporting, quality of care reviews and emergency preparedness. This position will also manage assigned staff.
- Works with leaders to assess and identify risks/hazards and implements an effective risk management program and conducts an annual review to measure the effectiveness and performance of the program.
- Acts as the liaison between legal counsel and insurers and the Agency.
- Leads organizational reporting of risk, safety and privacy events reporting.
- Promotes and supports the development of a culture of safety and measurement of quality of care; identifies opportunities and implements strategies for performance improvement and provides education including risk assessments, root cause analysis, failure mode effects analysis, adverse event alerts, and related policy and procedure development for facilitating effective process changes.
- Spearheads annual risk audit and reporting.
- Participates on intra and inter-agency committees to improve processes regarding client safety, privacy, and emergency preparedness.
- Supports the organization’s Privacy Officer ensuring appropriate mechanisms in place for compliance with Personal Health Information Protection Act.
- Leads the Emergency Preparedness Program; includes business continuity and pandemic planning.
- Leads accreditation for the organization.
- Remains current on relevant legislation, regulations, standards, and common law and can effectively collaborate with Ministry of Health, leaders and other departments at Toronto Central LHIN.
- Responsible for pro-active policy and procedure development and revisions to meet regulatory and safety requirements.
- Ability to create processes and tools to support the implementation of policy.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities related to client safety, experience, privacy and adverse events and providing related consulting and support services.
- Collaborates with the Quality Team to ensure data systems and programs satisfactorily support CQI activities, including maintaining CQI tracking systems and databases.
- A Master’s degree in Nursing, Leadership, Health Administration or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive professional management/leadership experience.
- Healthcare Risk Management Certification (preferred).
- Knowledge of risk and insurance management in a healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of CQI philosophy using Lean methodology, models, processes, and tools and their use in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to collaborate, prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, adhering to requirements of legislation and with sensitivity to the need to balance both organizational requirements and a focus on client/caregiver needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client relations and complaints management best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care system issues and functions.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to lead, participate and facilitate inter-disciplinary groups in a collaborative environment with multiple interests.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, innovative leadership and systems improvement skills.
- Ensures Toronto Central LHIN quality and safety activities are in alignment with accreditation requirements.
- Computer literate including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If this role fits your expertise and career goals, please apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process