JOB TITLE: Manager, Home and Community Care
START DATE: February 2018
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Home and Community Care
DEPARTMENT: Home and Community Care
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Director, Home and Community Care, this position is responsible for overseeing the ongoing management, planning and evaluation of case management and long-term care placement coordination within an assigned area for the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC LHIN). Working with a sub-region team and community services partners, the incumbent will ensure that quality client-focused services are delivered.
An excellent communicator and problem solver, the Manager, Home and Community Care is accountable for the quality and fiscal management of delivery of client services, and the position will also directly manage staff providing such services.
- Leads a team of operations professionals and staff in delivering coordinated quality community health care and facilitate access to long term care.
- Coaches and assists staff with complex client situations.
- Monitors and manages the budget, including analyzing results and recommending adjustments.
- Participates in researching, integrating and promoting leading client services delivery models in one or more specialty client program areas for the Toronto Central LHIN, in order to achieve established objectives and targets
- Implements best practice measures to serve Long Term Care facilities, Community Resource groups, physicians, and nursing and rehabilitation services.
- Builds and maintains relationships with health and social service agencies and external service providers.
- Participates as a leader in change management initiatives; acts as a champion for continuous improvement and participates in the development of policies, procedures, systems and tools to improve service delivery.
- Interprets and implements organizational policy, union contracts, and any applicable legislation as required.
- Day-to-day management and development of Home and Community Care staff.
- Ensures process is in place for frontline staff to identify and address client safety concerns, and that client safety is discussed at team meetings, huddles and planning sessions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree in health administration, and possibly specialist expertise in a discipline such as palliative care or mental health. May also have a background and graduate degree in social services, or an MBA (or equivalent).
- Regulated Health Professional preferred.
- Three to five years experience managing in a multi-disciplinary, culturally diverse health care environment.
- Knowledge of direct care/case management and/ or operational models used in community health care organizations
- Good knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and roles of health care professionals and understanding of issues and priorities within health care
- In-depth understanding of the Toronto Central LHIN’s priorities and related Home and Community Care priorities and plans
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g., regarding privacy, the provision of health care services, etc.)
- A team player with excellent communication skills who respects diversity, exercises good judgment and is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and client care.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and time management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship management, facilitation, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management (e.g. CARE, TRCCD, Portal, PointClick, Metro PCS, RAI, etc.)
- Ability to use MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please send apply online at www.lhinjobs.ca
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.