JOB TITLE: Director, Professional Practice
START DATE: February 2018
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Home and Community Care
DEPARTMENT: Home and Community Care
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
Reporting to the Vice President, Home and Community Care, this position is responsible for providing overall operational and strategic leadership for professional practice initiatives provided by Toronto Central LHIN to ensure clients receive timely, effective and high quality service and clinical care at home and in the community.
The Director, Professional Practice is accountable for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating direct service clinical programs including providing clinical leadership. This role will serve as the Chief Nursing Officer to oversee provincial programs such as Diabetes, Palliative, and other emerging programs.
The Director, Professional Practice will ensure that the Toronto Central LHIN is compliant with professional and College standards, code of ethics and relevant legislation.
- Provides overall leadership and accountability for the delivery of high quality care to clients and their families receiving service and direct clinical care from the Toronto Central LHIN in the community.
- Responsible for human resources planning, staffing and performance to ensure efficient and effective service operations.
- Fosters appropriate resource management principles with clinical staff impacting utilization of nursing and other clinical services.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of Ministry reporting and prepares periodic reports as required.
- Provides oversight, supervision and operational management to Advanced Practice Nurses (Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists), Registered Nurses, and Pharmacists to properly support practice-wide activities.
- Ensures quality management of the direct service clinical programs.
- Supports quality of care reviews by ensuring appropriate clinician provides clinical assessment and identifies recommendations for necessary changes to practice and/or operational processes.
- Responsible for clinical oversight of all Toronto Central LHIN direct service programs.
- Manages and mitigate risk at the client and organizational level related to the direct service clinical programs.
- Develops policies, procedures/standards and guidelines for all Toronto Central LHIN direct service clinical programs (Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Rapid Response Nurses, Tele-homecare Nurses, and MHAN).
- Provides expert clinical advice on complex client situations.
- Supports research activity related to clinical care in home and community
- Shares expert practice and clinical outcomes with external partners, community and professional associations.
- Develops direct service clinical programs through relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. Leverage existing relationships and build new relationships to promote awareness and enhance clinical programs.
- Plans, develops and delivers orientation, education, and ongoing learning for the direct service clinical staff.
- Provides necessary coaching and leadership to client services managers and teams to best ensure successful outcomes.
- Fosters and maintains high staff engagement and positive employee relations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Current Ontario College of Nurses license to practice
- Registered Nurse with Master’s degree required
- 5 - 10 years of progressive work experience including clinical management and supervisory or leadership experience.
- Expert knowledge of professional practice issues, legislation and standards.
- Expert knowledge of professional leadership and competency, education, care delivery, research and practice and service development.
- Ability to build effective relationships with professional bodies, staff (managers and front line staff), stakeholders and other health care partners.
- Leadership experience in managing staff and working with diverse teams
- Demonstrated effective experience with financial planning and resource utilization.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with superior capability to foster an environment of clinical excellence.
- Highly capable problem solving skills; effective change management abilities and dynamic motivational capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, complex change management processes.
- Knowledge of health care business strategies, objectives, business priorities and related communication priorities and requirements.
- Proven experience in relationship management, facilitation, negotiation and problem solving.
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply through our website www.lhinjobs.ca
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process