We are currently seeking ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS
Date Posted: December 22, 2017
Start Date: Immediately
Category: Permanent Full-time
Primary Location: Dorval site and Etobicoke site
Reporting to the Director, the Administrative Assistant, provides administrative support to ensure the efficient implementation and day-to-day operation of ttheir Team at the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). The areas of responsibility required by this role involve coordinating calendars, recording meeting minutes, organizing manual and electronic files, managing data entry, and supporting business requirements to ensure that all team members function in the most effective manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares documents as required using word processing, presentation, spreadsheets, database, and related computer software
- Prepares, proofreads, and sends letters, reports, minutes and other material as assigned; prepares correspondence for approval by the Director as directed
- Maintains files and confidential records to ensure corporate compliance
- Performs duties to support work of the Director and of the department including committees, special projects, data collection, etc.
Prioritizes and manages calendars upon request, and resolves scheduling conflicts as necessary based on changing needs and priorities
Coordinates meetings as directed; prepares and circulates agendas, minutes and support materials for meetings
Coordinates workshops and/or events, including booking meetings, invitations, agenda preparation, teleconference support, catering services, location set up and clean up, ensuring all corporate policies are adhered to in regard to catering requests and other applicable miscellaneous requests
Handles logistics, travel arrangements, and accommodations for events, seminars, meetings, and other Director/ Manager engagements and prepares monthly travel expense claims
Receives, reviews and prioritizes incoming mail, referring materials to appropriate teams for action as appropriate and follows up on outstanding items
Interacts with contacts to seek and provide information and materials as directed
Liaises with other Administrative/Executive Assistants as necessary to resolve administrative issues/concerns/departmental matters to ensure the smooth running of the department
Acts as a liaison with counterparts across the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) on matters involving committees the Director/ Manager/ team chairs or participates on
Edits and maintains the internet/intranet for the department
Inputs, updates or collates data for the departments statistical reporting
Perform routine office duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, mail, courier, and supplies ordering
Provide backup support to the other administrative staff as required and phone coverage back-up for reception
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in Business/Administration/Secretarial Program, general administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience providing administrative support to formal leaders (e.g., knowledge of the formal and informal protocols and methods of supporting senior-level staff)
- In-depth ability in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with administrative procedures, processes and standards
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information from a variety of sources into effective briefing material, reports and summaries
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and thorough written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Detail orientated, well organized and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a variety of tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner when discussing issues with other LHIN divisional staff or external clients
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to communicate in French or another language an asset
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition number FY1718-156 or FY1718-153 by visiting the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.