We are currently recruiting a Director, Professional Practice and Programming.
Competition Number: FY1718-152
Date Closed: Until Filled
Portfolio: Home and Community Care
Reports To: Vice President, Home and Community Care
Category: Permanent Full-time
Primary Assigned Location: Mississauga Office – 2655 North Sheridan Way, Ste 140
The Director is a member of the senior management team and implements strategies for excellence in home and community care professional practice, which encompass supporting practice, education and acting as a subject matter expert for point of care research, and its integration into the home and community care environment. This position works closely across all portfolios and is recognized as a corporate support in ensuring leadership and coordination of activities related to professional practice for the organization, as required. Develops and implements effective professional practice policies and strategies in accordance with leading practices, provincial standards, legislation and organizational vision, values and strategic directions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the design and implementation of a professional practice framework that ensures adherence to professional standards and supports that will deliver consistent and sustainable inter-professional practice within home and community care, emphasizing the highest quality, evidence-informed, and, patient and caregiver-centred care.
- Leads assessment of professional practice needs across home and community care programs and identifies practice and programming opportunities and gaps that are common within and across portfolios.
- Ensures fidelity and capacity in the associated professional practice infrastructure of activities, roles and functions, necessary to deliver evidence-informed expert professional practice guidance and support programs and portfolios.
- Following a collaborative process with partners and stakeholders, identifies learning priorities and educational programs for high quality inter-professional practice.
- Provides advice on operational decisions that directly relates to inter-professional practice and may impact patient and caregiver-centred care delivery, programs/services.
- In collaboration with other internal stakeholders, and working directly with Quality & People, Clinical, Regional portfolios, ensures the development, implementation and the maintenance of professional practice standards at the department and program level.
- Works directly with Directors, Integrated Care and Regional Programs to ensure consistency and alignment of policies, procedures and professional practice supports with professional practice standards, Heath Quality Ontario standards, and other leading inter-professional practices.
- Works in close collaboration with Director, Clinical and Physician Clinical leads, Director Quality, to ensure identification of regional knowledge transfer or critical professional practice improvement areas that need to be incorporated into the annual professional practice plan
Quality & Innovation
- Champions a co-design philosophy and fosters a practice environment that is person-centred and embraces a spirit of critical thinking and evidence-informed approach in exploring innovative ways to improve professional practice.
- Participates in strategic planning activities of across the LHIN specific to driving innovation in professional practice and innovative models anchored in evidence.
- Leads the development of an annual professional practice work plan that defines improvement opportunities and ensures alignment with changes to professional standards of care, regional quality improvement plans, organizational mandates and priorities.
- Supports and participates in quality of care and risk management activities; ensuring outputs from quality events’ analyses inform programming and practice improvements.
- Provides leadership and ensures revision of practice standards, policies and procedures, develops necessary action plans with colleagues, as a result of research, quality events or emerging analysis of patient outcomes (e.g. Quality event review outputs)
- Ensures representation on provincial initiatives, professional practice bodies relevant to clinical areas within the LHIN
Professional Practice Promotion
- Establishes a community of practice to share knowledge, monitor trends across home and community care, foster linkages and leverage assets and professional practice resources and innovation opportunities with health system partners including primary care, Community Support Services, Long Term Care, Acute Care, and Retirement Communities.
- In collaboration with portfolios, ensures the spread and sharing of professional practice improvements and innovations that result from initiatives across the region.
- Promotes opportunities for research initiatives either from a specific discipline focus or from an inter-professional focus relevant to advancing home and community care.
- Supports and participates in evidence-based research activities related to professional practice to improve patient care outcomes and experience
- Provides oversight and leadership in program development, evaluation and continuous Improvement
- Ensures the establishment of program management activities including monitoring tools, repeatable processes in identification of gaps and opportunities through high quality planning, research and data analysis with appropriate cross portfolio business partners.
- Provides strategic direction and ensures alignment with organizational priorities the development, implementation and evaluation of home and community care delivery models in one or more specialty program area(s)
Management of Human Resources & Financial Stewardship
- Participates in the development of the annual business plan priorities and establishes individual department goals
- Provides direction in development of optimization strategies, as required, to mitigate financial risk while adhering to a principled approach ensuring patient safety and quality care.
- Provides leadership to all department members and informally to system partners, and manages in a manner that motivates, guides and directs employees to the realization of Mississauga Halton LHIN values, objectives and performance expectations; maintains a work environment that promotes participation, team work and positive employee relations
- Ensures recruitment, performance evaluation, coaching, discipline and termination where necessary are according to Human Resources policy and within the context of collective agreement(s)
- Ensures the effective and efficient distribution and utilization of department members based on the established productivity levels, program goals and guidelines
Education, Training & Experience:
- University degree in Health Sciences, Health or Business Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from a relevant Professional College, required.
- Completion of a Master’s degree in recognized profession regulated within the authority of the Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council (HPRAC), highly preferred.
- Supplemental education/training in the leadership, preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years of related or profession specific experience with three (3) to five (5) years in a management role (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining professional practice standards and quality control measures in a health care environment, required
- Demonstrated skills in managing financial, reporting and budgeting functions, required.
- Project management experience, preferred
- Strong experience in effective strategic planning, research, policy processes and evaluation techniques and proven ability to lead change and find creative solutions
- Excellent knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations
- Excellent knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and roles of health care professionals
- Excellent knowledge of challenges and issues, methods and techniques for outsourced/ contracted services and service providers
- Strong knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1718-152 via the following link www.lhinjobs.ca or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.