Reporting to the Director, Organizational Development, this position provides internal consutation expertise in the areas of Change management, Behavioural Change, Leadership Development, Coaching, Facilitation, Team Building, Conflict and Dispute Resolution, Adult learning, Employee Engagement,and Welling. The position will foster individual, team and organizational learning in support of the Waterloo Wellington LHIN Mission, Vision, Values and strategic direction.
Nature and Scope:
- Participates in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of business change projects and activities, providing OD expertise to support executives, managers, subject matter experts and departments with the planning and delivery of department specific learning activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of leading edge practices, methodologies and new technologies for organizational effectiveness.
- Provides coaching, facilitation, team development, whole systems analysis, and OD services in consultation with executives and leaders to implement organizational improvement initiatives
- Provides coaching and guidance to managers to motivate individual and team behavioural change. For example, with access to confidential performance information supports performance improvement action planning.
- Provides formal classroom training using adult learning principles and methodologies.
- Promotes principles and practices consistent with a learning organization.
- Implements staff development programs that support the organization’s succession plan.
- Models a coach-approach in interactions with managers and staff and promotes skill development in this area.
- Undertakes organizational needs assessment to identify areas that require program/service development – this may include formal employee surveys as well as through on-going consultations and dialogue with staff and leaders
- Provides individual and group coaching as needed to promote a positive work environment
- Provides group facilitation for strategic planning sessions, healthy workplace, team building sessions, task forces and project teams.
Conducts needs assessments of team collaboration, relationships, or situations of interpersonal conflict, and facilitates interventions to resolve conflicts and build effective teams.
Supports the advancement of an organizational culture focused on quality, safety, engagement and continuous improvement.
Coordinates employee wellness programs and activities.
Applies approaches to improve overall effectiveness of the organization and individual staff performance, especially as they apply to change. Evaluates the ongoing effectiveness of the approaches and make adjustments as needed.
Researches latest development in management, leadership and organizational development areas to keep up to date and serve as subject matter expert regarding critical people issues.
Establishes linkages with other OD professionals within healthcare to facilitate joint OD initiatives.
- University degree in industrial/organizational behaviour, human resources, psychology, adult learning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related work experience
- Experience in applying methodologies for learning, organization design, leadership development, change management, and/or performance management
- Proven abilities in effective collaboration and problem resolution.
- Expert group facilitation skills and applied coaching techniques
- Knowledge of appropriate resources, techniques, tools and approaches for addressing organizational learning needs (e.g., Appreciative Inquiry, DiSC, True Colours, Myers Briggs)
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles, assessment and analysis of learning needs, learning and design development and evaluation
- Relationship management, facilitation, and critical thinking skills
- Experience in providing consulting services
- Experience with electronic delivery systems, eg. Learning Management Systems would be an asset
- Change Management & Project Management skills
- General understanding of LHIN business objectives and priorities
- Awareness and understanding of the provincial healthcare system and partners and how they relate to WWLHIN Organizational Development priorities and plans
WWHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environemnt. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modifief to remove barriers to accomodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accomodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover eltter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #17-A-27 before 4:30pm on February 26, 2018 to Human Resources (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.