We are currently recruiting a Manager, Regional Programs – Mental Health and Addictions.
Competition Number: FY1718-151
Date Posted: December 1, 2017
Department: Regional Programs – Mental Health and Addictions
Team: Mental Health and Addictions
Reports To: Director, Regional Programs - Mental Health and Addictions
Category: Permanent Full-time
Primary Assigned Location: 700 Dorval Drive, Oakville
Reporting to the Director, Regional Programs - Mental Health and Addictions, the Manager, Regional Programs – Mental Health and Addictions will provide leadership to identified Mental Health and Addictions program advancements and integration initiatives as well as to a team of mental health nurses.
In alignment with the Mississauga Halton LHIN Integrated Health Services Plan and provincial direction, this individual will work collaboratively with the Director, team members and health system providers and partners (both internal and external) to support the development of integrated, regional services to support the transformation of the mental health and addictions system in order to improve health outcomes for the individual and at a population health level, enhance the experience of care, and sustain integrated service delivery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify planning, development and integration opportunities for mental health and addiction needs through a solid awareness and understanding of local needs, innovative best practice strategies/ approaches utilized in other jurisdictions, and provide recommendations to the Director
- Conduct and/or review analyses of the local health care mental health and addiction needs based on provincial data, community input and other sources with the purpose of evaluating, identifying gaps/opportunities, establishing planning and integration priorities
- Build internal and external collaborative, cross-functional processes and partnerships in order to conduct effective stakeholder and community consultation, assess the impact of planning recommendations and decisions, and promote consensus among stakeholders for actions required
- Ensuring the patient and family voice is at the center of planning, integration activities and initiatives as it relates to mental health and addiction
- Lead the development and implementation of approved mental health and addiction initiatives and/or priorities, through effective project management, collaboration and relationships with health service providers and other key stakeholders, to support building sustained internal capacity, including population health planning, strategic systems-based planning, regional health care design and integrated health care delivery systems in Mississauga Halton
- Monitor/ analyze progress of key initiatives, identify potential issues, and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop strategies to address any risks or challenges
- Oversee, lead, and manage a team of mental health & addiction nurses
- In collaboration with Director and other MH LHIN Portfolios, identify, select and use appropriate planning approaches to support the development of an integrated health system within the Mississauga Halton LHIN, with a focus on improving health equity, quality, access and transitions for all relevant stakeholders
- Lead and/or participate on assigned internal and external committees and work groups to promote and advance mental health and addiction heath service plans
- Work in close partnership with MH LHIN portfolios, decision support resources and system partners to embed process in data-driven decision making
- Report on progress to the Director, ensuring ongoing activities, risks, opportunities, and mitigation strategies are identified as required
Education, Training & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Health or Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of healthcare related experience with minimum three (3) years of experience in leading or supporting cross-functional strategic planning initiatives, and/ or systems-based planning and integration, and/or health system design, experienced based co –design and with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a management role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of Ontario’s health-care system, key priorities and trends; particularly within the mental health and addiction sector.
- Proven skill and experience leading and implementing initiatives aimed at accelerating transformation, change management and program development within a health care environment.
- Strong ability to gather, critically analyze and synthesize data and information from multiple sources to inform population health planning and to guide evidence based decision making.
- Proven strong, positive interpersonal skills to build and maintain strategic relations with stakeholders.
- Proven experience with negotiation and facilitation techniques and processes, including experience developing and facilitating complex sessions involving diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience gaining consensus among diverse groups.
- Project Management experience, preferably within a health-care environment, with proven ability to move complex projects from start to finish through planning, development, implementation, evaluation and quality improvement.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1718-151 via the link above or visit the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.