The Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care access centres, long-term care homes, community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The Mississauga Halton LHIN is home to more than one million people and its office is located in Oakville, Ontario.
Committed to lead health system coordination and integration for our communities our vision is to move towards a seamless health system promoting optimal health and delivering high quality care when and where needed. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team at the Mississauga Halton LHIN, consider the following:
We are currently recruiting a Performance Management Consultant – Decision Support
Competition Number: FY1718-120
Date Posted: October 13, 2017
Date Closed: November 13, 2017
Portfolio: Finance, Performance and Corporate Services
Department: Decision Support
Reports To: Manager, Decision Support
Category: Permanent Full-Time
Primary Assigned Location: 401 The West Mall, Etobicoke, Ontario
Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support, the Performance Management Consultant is responsible for designing, developing, distributing, interpreting and analyzing data-based reports, performance indicators and metrics to measure organizational and service provider performance on both a regular and ad hoc basis to support evidence-informed decision making within the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN).
- Works with the Corporate Services team and other members of the Decision Support team to identify, accurately measure, report and monitor organizational and service provider indicators and metrics based on reporting products, knowledge and studies produced from the Decision Support process. These metrics include but are not limited to patients, services, service providers’ resource utilization, financials, market share, occurrences, complaints & appeals metrics and the organization’s scorecard system and processes.
- Works with internal and external customers and subject matter experts within and outside the organization including; Patient Services, service providers, People, Quality& Planning, Information Technology, LHIN, Ministry of Health & Long Term Care (MOHLTC), Business Systems, Human Resources, Finance, Ontario Association Health Shared Services Ontario (OAHSSO), to understand, interpret and analyze business models & concepts, gather and document requirements for reports and indicators and transform data into useful reporting products, knowledge and studies using statistical, descriptive & analytic techniques
- Works with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization to analyze organizational and service provider performance based on reporting products, knowledge and studies produced from the Decision Support process to identify key areas for action/improvement
- Works with the Decision Support team to measure, monitor and ensure compliance with internal and external (regulatory) data requirements. This includes but is not limited to requirements around data quality, privacy & confidentiality as well as data validity & accuracy
- Identifies, analyses, quantifies and communicates data & process issues and their impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Works with staff in Business Systems to develop methodologies for streamlining and automating the collection, extraction & integration of data and with other stakeholders to draft related policies & procedures and design performance improvement techniques towards solutions
- Works with the Decision Support team and others to optimize the use of already collected data (provincial and national) as well as identify new data elements to enhance information for decision-making
- Works with other members of the Decision Support team to support the development, implementation and maintenance of a strong coherent foundation methodology and tool set to manage the accurate and timely extraction, interpretation, manipulation and presentation of information products (reports) and services (analysis)
- University degree in health information management, a healthcare related discipline, engineering, statistics or computer science (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Four (4) to six (6) years related work experience with at least two (2) years' experience in a healthcare decision support or performance management environment, including preparing reports and analyses of operational, clinical or quality measures
- Knowledge of performance measurement, data analysis and data warehousing techniques and methodology
- Ability to interpret data and formulate decision alternatives substantiated by data findings
- Knowledge of business intelligence development, reporting (using SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.), relational database management techniques, applications and tools (SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PerformancePoint etc.);
- Experience with one or more healthcare-related clinical or financial reporting standards (Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards/Management Information Systems (OHRS/MIS), ICD9, ICDlO-CM, RAI, etc.
- Solid capability to use SharePoint
Thank-you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)!
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing competition #FY1718-120 via the Mississauga Halton LHIN Career Opportunity page at lhinjobs.ca. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton LHIN is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Mississauga Halton LHIN document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.