JOB TITLE: Senior Consultant, Performance Management
START DATE: November 2017
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Performance Management
DEPARTMENT: Performance Management
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
The Quality, Performance and Accountability Division negotiates and monitors service accountability agreements including performance targets with Health Service Providers (HSPs) and Service Provider Organizations through 200 service contracts and accountability agreements; as well they lead system level clinical service/system projects aimed at integration and value for money. This portfolio Acts as the primary contact for assigned Health Services Providers and Service Provider Organizations to manage system risks in a timely manner and leads system improvements through planning and collaboration. Drives innovation through initiating performance improvement initiatives and partnering with experts in health care disciplines.
- Provides subject matter expertise and advice on performance management of Health Service Providers (HSPs) and health system performance with specialized knowledge in one of the following: Community Support Services and Long Term Care.
- Maintains strong working relationships with HSPs and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) in support of proactive/effective performance & issues management
- Contributes advice and input from a hospital/community provider operations perspective to the development of health system and integration plans
- Drives clinical service changes & broader health system improvements
- Makes recommendations related to access to care (wait time) allocations, provincial programs and other Ministry/LHIN directed programs.
- Assists in identifying,monitoring and mitgating high-risk issues.
- Reviews and analyzes local HSP performance reports/plans related to Ministry and LHIN priorities in accordance with LHIN goals and objectives
- Receive reports from other LHIN portfolios regarding performance of HSPs and interact with HSPs to address performance and risk management issues in collaboration with Senior Consultants and the Director Performance Management
- Performance monitoring/management including escalation
- Participates in preparation of annual/multi-year performance management work plans
- Participates in and contributes to inter-LHIN and Ministry dialogue on the provincial performance management framework and its application to local health service delivery organizations.
- Leads in the negotiation and completion of Accountability Agreements in a designated sector, from inception to completion, including the development of work-back schedules
- Works with and collaborates with Senior Consultants of the PM team to complete system level project items as assigned
- Participates on internal and external planning groups as appropriate and requested
- Participation with integration activities as necessary
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s in business administration, health administration or relevant field. A Bachelor’s degree may be considered balanced with amount of healthcare experience.
- Five years’ experience in a LHIN or the healthcare sector
- Administratively strong and able to converse well with HSPs, Ministry and other LHINs as required
- Experience in project coordination
- Financial acumen
- Extensive proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word with a working knowledge of Information Management Systems such as SharePoint, CRM, etc.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior level HSP executives and their management teams, and to liaise with colleagues across LHINs and with contacts in the Ministry.
- Knowledge of performance management and evaluation techniques in one or more health sectors related to administrative and/or clinical performance
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities
- Understanding of the Ontario healthcare system, its stakeholders, programs and issues
- Demonstrated experience with operation decision-making related to performance management
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please visit our website at www.lhinjobs.ca and apply online.
Toronto Central LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process