The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
Finance Assistant - Payroll (Temporary Full-Time until December 2018)
As a member of the corporate services team, the Finance Assistant is responsible for providing financial and administrative services including the processing of payroll and ensuring accuracy of information and alignment with financial policies/ generally accepted accounting principles. Finance Assistant participates in and demonstrates an understanding of quality, risk and client safety principles and practices. Follows all safe practices and procedures to support a safe client and working environment.
What Can I Expect to Do?
Reporting to the Financial Analyst you will:
- Annually reconcile and remit for all statutory, pension benefit & union deductions
- Process payroll: oversees calculations such as premiums, overtime, and salary rate changes; calculates, codes and processes information on hires, transfers, leaves, and terminations; verifies the accuracy of deductions
- Design, implement, manage, and ensure the data integrity and security of payroll
- Provide orientation to new staff and re-orientation to existing staff and and support to management
- Prepare monthly, bi-monthly and year-end reports
- T4 preparation, reconciliation and distribution
- Ensure deductions are accurate and reconciles for major medical, dental AD&D, etc.
- Prepare and remit monthly statements and premiums to various entities (e.g., EHT, union, pension, WSIB, etc.)
- Issue Records of Employment
- Provide support in completing benefits/pension forms as required and inputs all necessary information for payroll
- Work is generally completed at a desk
- Long periods of sitting and regular computer/phone use
- The incumbent has freedom to move about or change position at will
- Reads a variety of reports, including charts, statistics and slides on a daily basis
- Required to view a computer screen daily for responding to e-mail, preparing documents and reports, reviewing transactions and invoices and analyzing data
- Absorbs and analyzes reports and complex data on a routine basis
- Interruptions are common and demands are made from staff, Senior Management and external parties
- This position is located at 356 Oxford Street West, London
How do I qualify?
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Community College Diploma, specializing in Accounting, Payroll or equivalent experience
- Payroll certification required
- Payroll experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in working with MIS Guidelines an asset
- Advanced knowledge of payroll requirements, including CRA payroll rules, year-end reporting, EHT, WSIB etc.
- Skilled in current software programs, including financial / statistical packages, Microsoft Office and Windows
- Knowledge of HRIS and payroll processing systems with respect to processing information and generating reports
- Knowledge of related legislation such as Employment Standards Act and Canada Labour Code
- Understanding of general accounting practices regarding journal entries, reconciliation and reporting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills, including demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, to function well under pressure, proper telephone etiquette, and to work effectively both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit www.lhinjobs.ca to apply. Application deadline is October 23, 2017.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.